CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

yearling 111grams

Old 01-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #1
Spencer
yearling 111grams

Hey guys so my yearling was weighed at 111 grams yesterday . I was feeding it two (what I think is big fuzzies, Maybe hoppers no sure) I just moved up in size to what looks like almost adult...like Maybe adolescent mouse. The thing I'm worried about, is although it's a bigger mouse it doesn't look like it's worth two of the other mice, so I guess, I moved up in size Cuz worried I ain't giving her enough, so now I'm effectively feeding less.....? Should I feed more?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #2
Nanci
Watch his weight and see what happens. I feed weanling mice, almost adults that weigh 16-19 grams or so, until the snake is 180-200 grams. Then I start feeding small adults, 19-21 grams. I feed those until the snake is 250-300, and then they are on medium adult mice, in the 22-26 gram range, one per feeding, one feeding every 7-10 days, going to every 14 days after the snake reaches 400 grams.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
Spencer
How much more should he weigh after how long?
Thanks btw

Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 AM   #4
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
How much more should he weigh after how long?
Thanks btw
Unanswerable question. Each snake grows at their own pace. I have 3 that are all almost the same age, just over 2 years. One is 90g, one is 180g and the third is almost 800g. I have a 13 year old who is about 300g.

The biggest one was fed rats, which I think is power-feeding and makes the snake grow much faster. The littlest guy was only given one small pinky for 1.5 years when I got him, he weighed 25g. He is now on hoppers and has gained 65g in 8 months.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
Spencer
Thanks man. I think I am feeding mine rats, I think.,
My fuzzies are super fat compared to the bigger mice I got (Bought about a year and half worth of food in 1 go) The bigger mice, which I started her on now, are about the same fatness level as the fuzzies (or maybe hoppers) I was solely feeding her. She just moved up to one medium size mouse and one of those ridiculously fat small mice now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google