• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

What do you do for a living?

graduate student in astrophysics...
...and I work in a record store

(and Meg- I was a riding instructor for many years, up to the point where I was running the entire equestrian program at the biggest day camp in SoCal)

hmmmm...

well im not a docter,banker,in collage,or any thingto do with computers im just the lonley constuction worker. but hey i got to start some where right?

steel worker

I am an assistant floor supervisor at a steel fabrication plant.
Started there in Jan 1978
hated it since Jan 1978......lol
Jimmy

Full time temp worker...yeah, it sucks. Can't seem to find a permanent job yet. I just graduated with a BA in English (Creative Writing) and I minored in Art. Kinda have to make my own work with those areas of study.

Last edited:
Full time college student working toward becoming an RN (registered nurse) but I want to get a masters degree also. I currently work at Kopp's Frozen Custard full time. Hey don't laugh!

:roflmao:

JOB WHAT JOB

I am a motorcycle mechanic. Not a technician. I worked for the factories as a race technician building engines and tuning chassis. I traveled all over the world and saw nothing but an airplane, rental car, hotel and race track. I dont regret it but I wish it would have had more time for sight seeing. Now I build customs or race bikes. Kinda like orange county chopper only I work on japanese stuff and I am not famous like those whiners are.

Medical student... in my first year now, only have to survive 8 more weeks and I'll have offically made it through the dreded first year. Then all that's left is the dreded 2,3 and 4th years lol ;)

Re: JOB WHAT JOB

oreo said:
I am a motorcycle mechanic. Not a technician. I worked for the factories as a race technician building engines and tuning chassis. I traveled all over the world and saw nothing but an airplane, rental car, hotel and race track. I dont regret it but I wish it would have had more time for sight seeing. Now I build customs or race bikes. Kinda like orange county chopper only I work on japanese stuff and I am not famous like those whiners are.

Nice! what kind of bikes do you work on? I currently ride a suzuki TL1000R. Any performance tips? :)

TL1000R

Hey I would love to help you in that department but you basicaly told me something equivalent to this.... Hey I have a mustang, what should I do to hop it up? Okay ummm what year mustang? is it early sixties or mid 2k? Seriously though what year and what is on it allready? you can email me at [email protected] to talk about this stuff. I make smoking deals on parts for people that are out of state and internet sales are fine as well. I dint like robbing people. When I first got into bikes people tried to rip me off all the time. After years and years of seeing crooks I opened my own shop and started telling people the truth. Some people inevitably want to be lied to but I wont do it. If you dont like my answers I will tell ya to leave. Anyways I am rambling like I so often due so email me and I will get back to you.

Right now im in Computer Science, planning to be a full time progremmer when i graduate

hey Cyntax what company do work in ? I plan in goind into videos games too :)

BTW i love computers and i love programming so i guess i'll love doing my job :p

Re: TL1000R

oreo said:
Hey I would love to help you in that department but you basicaly told me something equivalent to this.... Hey I have a mustang, what should I do to hop it up? Okay ummm what year mustang? is it early sixties or mid 2k? Seriously though what year and what is on it allready? you can email me at [email protected] to talk about this stuff. I make smoking deals on parts for people that are out of state and internet sales are fine as well. I dint like robbing people. When I first got into bikes people tried to rip me off all the time. After years and years of seeing crooks I opened my own shop and started telling people the truth. Some people inevitably want to be lied to but I wont do it. If you dont like my answers I will tell ya to leave. Anyways I am rambling like I so often due so email me and I will get back to you.

E-mail is on its way :)

Bibz said:
Right now im in Computer Science, planning to be a full time progremmer when i graduate

hey Cyntax what company do work in ? I plan in goind into videos games too :)

BTW i love computers and i love programming so i guess i'll love doing my job :p

I work for Electronic Arts.

Software engineering is a decent living, but it requires large amounts of time. So as long as you don't plan on having too much of a personal life, you'll do fine :cool:

RE

I have a MASTERS DEGREE IN SPECIAL EDUCATION

and I am ALSO A

licensed financial analyst..consisting of investment advice and insurance programs.

I am a minister, but in order to actually pay the bills, I work as an insurance broker for the family business (Dad says, that no matter what day of the week, I'm still dealing with "Fire Insurance!").

I'm working on my Master's Degree in Public Administration, and I'll soon be teaching Political Science at our local Community College and Municipal Risk Management at Southwest Missouri State University.

I am a high school student in a Vet. Tech Academy. I also breed snakes on a very small scale and if everything goes right I am going to try and apply for a job at the local petstore later this year when I turn 16.

Hrm. I guess I lead a lazy lifestyle, up until later this year when life requires that I work. =P

I went to Indiana University majoring in biology for one year, I hated being a number among thousands instead of me and it was way too expensive for no more than I was learning. My first day in biology class the teacher in a very kindergartenish voice asked: "Do you know what DNA is?". I immediately got up, walked out, and took the placement exam, passed, and went on to a more advanced course. I quit at the end of that year.

I took a year off, found love (always seems to happen), came back home and enrolled in a smaller state school, Vincennes University. Majored in and graduated with an AS in Law Enforcement.

Unfortunately there aren't many job positions available in my area, so I'm just hanging out waiting until one does happen along. Although at the moment I'm off and on temping for a denture service delivering to local dentist offices. Exciting, I know.

And we close on our new house in a week, so life is necessitating that I work somewhere to pay for it. *snaps fingers* The end of all good things has to come.. =P

Sorry for the long dissertation, but that's me..in a nutshell.

Add another mark to the Software Engineer category for me (no video game programming though... network troubleshooting tool-type stuff is what I work with).

-Kat

Back