• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Help be decide what snake I should get!!

If we're sharing pictures, then i'd like to support my case for Black Milks. ;) This is my Black Milk, who was born just over a year ago. The first picture is when I first got him, and the 2nd and 3rd pictures are from early this month.

2970342290_1869dd1b91_o.jpg

3982123768_1757f30ff5_o.jpg

And a scale closeup:
3981363877_e9649d80c9_o.jpg

You won't regret getting a Black Milk. Honest! :D

If I could ever find a freakin black milk at the local show I would get one but radiated rats are oh so fun! I would go for a king snake

If you want snakes that hide all day, go with the flow and get one of the already suggested snakes. If you want something you can see get a Carpet....
Easy to keep, great to handle, good feeders and they stay at a manageable size....

I adore it how people ask for a snake and people end up posting "representing pictures" of rather expansive morphs... Albino Hoggie? :p

Setting jokes aside though, I imagine you have a budget? That really will affect your choice

i say take this list in your head without narrowing it down yet. then go to the show and know what you can buy and be able to care for. then find the one most appealing to you and presto. never say never. you might find a nice corn there and end up picking it up. but i wouldnt decide without looking first and keeping within your means.

I didn't realize everyone was going to post pictures! So I'll post some too. :D They come in all sorts of different colors, too!

African House Snakes.

Ted:

l_14c705ed479a4dfabfc7e9fef6f0195a.jpg

l_2b6501c402b9460aabbac7a89bb36b4d.jpg

Maasai:

l_1fec7b9ecd0146fea37745ad2bbe438e.jpg

l_749932c41990481cb9fd5562a98470f2.jpg

Zulu (RIP baby girl):

l_d7eece564158404495ea094370dd6d88.jpg

l_06bd907a35b24cfe9f99635753ce2429.jpg

See why you need one?

I didn't realize everyone was going to post pictures! So I'll post some too. :D They come in all sorts of different colors, too!

African House Snakes.

See why you need one?
Okay, I think I've made my decision, House Snake it is!... Oh wait... it's EmJags that's looking for a snake, not me. Well, I still think I need to find a House Snake like either of those :), amazing snakes Robbie.

Okay, I think I've made my decision, House Snake it is!... Oh wait... it's EmJags that's looking for a snake, not me. Well, I still think I need to find a House Snake like either of those :), amazing snakes Robbie.

The best part is both of the females shown are full grown. ;) And the males stay smaller than that!

ARGH! Glades Herps had a few at Tinley... but alas, I was out of money and space! Tragic, I tell you.

Try and make sure the ones you get are CB! There are still quite a few w/cs running around on the market today. Zulu (the black one) was a w/c. I had her for less than 12 hrs before she died. :cry:

Oh my! House snakes are gorgeous! Although I'm not sure if I've ever even seen those snakes at the shows :( Ahhhh.... The show isn't until November 22 so I still have lots of time to look around and research :D This is exciting, and you all have been so helpful!!

Back