CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Need help identifying what morph

Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 PM   #1
Mystery
Need help identifying what morph

I bought my kids a new corn snake a few days ago to go with the creamsicle motley that we already have. The guy said it's a snowscile but I don't think it is.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:27 PM   #2
Shiari
A snowsicle is basically a snow version of the hybrid between an emoryi rat snake and a corn snake. A creamsicle is the amel version of that hybrid. If the breeder called it a snowsicle it probably is.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:30 PM   #3
Frank Pinello
Well it's definitely amelanisic and anery (Amel+ anery = snow). Hard to tell if it is a emory hybrid ( the sicle part)......

Old 07-02-2019, 11:09 PM   #4
GMR_TFH
I would generally go with what the breeder/seller told you it was. As Frank said, there's no way to know visually that it is a hybrid since it appears it's moment generations into the corn snake side of the hybrid, meaning the original being between the Emoryi and corn snake was many generations ago enough that any visual signs of it being a hybrid are long ago bred out but if the breeder or seller is indicating it is a Creamsicle you must always follow the idea that it is hybrid in case you ever sell it or decide to breed it you can pass that information onto whomever.

Old 07-03-2019, 10:43 PM   #5
Frank Pinello

Yes, if you were told it has emory ancestors, you must assume it does.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google