CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Cipher - new smiling cali king

Old 08-22-2015, 07:07 PM   #1
albertagirl
Cipher - new smiling cali king

I finally pulled the trigger and got a california king snake. I just love how they look, and have heard as many good stories as bad, and I guess I just decided getting chewed on once in a while was worth getting the snake I wanted. Anyway, I purchased him a month or so ago, but finally picked him up today, and he's super cute. The picture I had seen previously was not very clear, but when I got him home and took a closer look at the pictures I took of him today I noticed he has a happy smiley face on his head! I love it!!

I named him Cipher because the dots and dashes on him look like some kind of code.

The first picture is the one I got from the breeder, from which I chose this particular male. You can see why I had no idea what his head markings would be. The next two are from today.

Name:  nbk male1.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  118.7 KB

Name:  Cipher resize.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  160.0 KB

Name:  Cipher resized.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  174.6 KB

Old 08-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
Glenaerie
Aww, the smiley face is very cute, and Cipher is really pretty! He seems really black and really white, more so than many CA kings.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:00 PM   #3
jagodzinski
Very cool! I love the pattern on him - that is a great name

Old 08-22-2015, 10:19 PM   #4
Joba
Very cute, and good name. That smiley face is great.

Old 08-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #5
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenaerie View Post
Aww, the smiley face is very cute, and Cipher is really pretty! He seems really black and really white, more so than many CA kings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagodzinski View Post
Very cool! I love the pattern on him - that is a great name
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
Very cute, and good name. That smiley face is great.
Thanks everyone. I specifically asked for the blackest black and whitest white possible. I hope he stays that way. As far as looks go, I'm really happy with him.

Old 05-06-2016, 04:28 PM   #6
albertagirl
Cipher is doing really well. He's a little slower moving than the corn snakes, and definitely heavier bodied. He's outgrowing them all from what they weighed at his age. He is definitely a king snake and loooooooves his food, but also is my sloooooooowest eater. First he kills the little (already dead) mousie for about 20 minutes. Then he lets go with his mouth (but still has it wrapped with his body) and spends about 10 minutes trying to find it again. Feeding him is never done in a hurry. He's only bitten me once so far, and it was a defensive bite, nothing to do with food. His food "bites" never get me because he does them in slow motion with his mouth wide open. It's very cute and funny. So far he's been a pleasure to deal with, and so active during the day, he's also the most fun to watch in his cage. He's now 2'2" and 95 grams.

Here are a couple of pictures from January...
Name:  jan 2016 small 1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  jan 2016 small 2.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  131.9 KB

...and a couple from April. He was hatched May 28, so he's just under a year old here.
Name:  april 2016.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  173.8 KB

Name:  april 2016 small 1.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  139.8 KB

Name:  april 2016 small 2.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  114.1 KB

Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #7
DollysMom
Cipher is so cute. I love your description. The way you are able to put his personality into words is wonderful!

Old 05-07-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
Eavlynn
You have yourself a real cutie there

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 05-07-2016, 10:56 AM   #9
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Cipher is so cute. I love your description. The way you are able to put his personality into words is wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eavlynn View Post
You have yourself a real cutie there

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Thank you both.

Old 05-08-2016, 11:41 PM   #10
CornySnakeUser
He's so cute! Twenty-six inches, though... To someone who would like to get a king snake, would you say they are easier or harder to care for than a corn snake?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google