CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Just a quick hello plus a few pix :)

Old 04-12-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
Zincubus
Just a quick hello plus a few pix :)

I've found a few photos hanging around so guess it's time to share ...

Currently have the following snakes

1 Snow Boa - 7' adult - the featured Snow Boa in John Berry's Designer Boa Morphs .
1 Dwarf Hypo Burmese Python
2 HC Albino Royal Pythons ( unrelated pair )
1 Pastel Royal Python
1 Rhino- nosed rat snake
1 Red Mountain Bamboo rat snake.
I Imperial Pueblan - Hybrid ( King x Milk)
1 Amel Stripe Corn-snake ( male )
1 Blizzard White Corn-snake ( female )
1 Banded Cali King
1 Albino Striped Cali King
1 Desert King
4 Garter snakes ( I Melanistic 'Black' and 3 Albino White Chequered Garters)

Here's my proven adult male Snow who's probably the jewel in my collection , certainly the costliest and most valuable money-wise.

He's the poster- boy Snow Boa of the well respected John Berry Designer Boa Morph books .

He's around 6 years old and approaching 7' long and very calm and friendly .

Here's another shot of the Snow Boa ...

This next one is a unique looking Hybrid . Listed as an Imperial Peublan .

As I understand he's a mix of a Cali King and a Pueblan Milk . Has a lovely calm temperament and he's a CB12.

Next in line is my beautiful Dwarf Hypo Burmese python ... currently about 20" and around 12 month sold . Lovely temperament .
Crazy to see a Burm not much bigger than a biro / ballpoint pen

Last up for the time being is my lovely little Rhino Ratsnake .... he's about 6 months old and hasn't developed his adult bright greenish colour as yet.
He's rather cute though , non the less

Plus a rather poor photo of one of my two Albino Royals .....

Old 04-12-2015, 04:37 AM   #2
Zincubus
It wouldn't let me edit for some reason so here is my intro

Well ..... I' m a real nice guy for starters .

My main obsession is snake keeping ( and tropical fish to a lesser extent ).

Currently have the following snakes

I have Aspergers ( form of autism ) and have worked in education for 19 years helping autistic teenagers to survive the torture of secondary / high school .

I

Please excuse my obsessiveness plus any poor spelling / grammar ....it comes with Aspergers , sadly.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:39 AM   #3
Zincubus
Other obsessions ( still can't edit ) ..... All types of Music , football / soccer , Movies and TV , MotoGP and frequenting forums .

Did I mention I'm an Aspie ( Aspergers ) plus I'm obsessive

Old 04-12-2015, 10:30 AM   #4
Bullelk
Welcome! That hybrid is quite an interesting looking snake.

Old 04-12-2015, 01:41 PM   #5
MesoCorney
Hello and welcome. It is amazing that you are able to help other people with Asperger's. I am sure they are beyond grateful to have someone that personally knows the troubles they face. I also have a Imperial Pueblan, and though he is kind of a jerk he is still incredible to look at. It is not his fault as he is still small and scared of me so musks me every time I hold him.

Old 04-12-2015, 02:21 PM   #6
Cane
Nice collection you have there.

My 13 year old Grand nephew has Aspergers. I hope and pray he can get through high school and lead a pleasant productive life.

What kind of fish are you into?

I think only paid members get an edit button.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:26 PM   #7
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane View Post
Nice collection you have there.

My 13 year old Grand nephew has Aspergers. I hope and pray he can get through high school and lead a pleasant productive life.

What kind of fish are you into?

I think only paid members get an edit button.
Hi.

Well I find watching fish very relaxing but I've had to avoid the faster moving fish ( danios etc ) in a couple if tanks to get the correct ' feel '.

So I have a tank of tetras ... Shoals of Neons , Black Phantom tetras and Emperor tetras who are all pretty slow moving and interesting swimmers at the same time .. Emperors and Black Phantoms are both slow moving but " twitchy " swimmers . I also have a separate , larger tank with 4 decent sized , brilliant white Platinum Angelfish in it . Very graceful , slow moving and utterly stunning to look at

Old 04-12-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
Hello and welcome. It is amazing that you are able to help other people with Asperger's. I am sure they are beyond grateful to have someone that personally knows the troubles they face. I also have a Imperial Pueblan, and though he is kind of a jerk he is still incredible to look at. It is not his fault as he is still small and scared of me so musks me every time I hold him.
Thank you !!

Funnily enough ...I was posting on another reptile forum just yesterday and mentioned my Aspergers / autism and tried to explain the basics of it and how it effects my life so dramatically ( even my loving family - cannot and will not ever be able to understand how debilitating it can be on a daily basis ) . Anyways after an hour or so another young guy posted that he was an Aspie but had been keeping it to himself as he wasn't confident enough to mention it . It seemed to lift a weight off his shoulders as he shared his experiences on the thread ! He was always getting into little online scuffles through simple misunderstandings .

Anyways we have our own forum and website ...... the WrongPlanet is an Aspie / Autisitic spectrum website for us weirdos

Old 04-13-2015, 09:34 AM   #9
materwitch
I totally enjoyed you pictures, the Snow Boa is absolutely amazing! I am looking forward to more pictures.:-)

Old 04-13-2015, 11:24 AM   #10
Zincubus
Quote:
Originally Posted by materwitch View Post
I totally enjoyed you pictures, the Snow Boa is absolutely amazing! I am looking forward to more pictures.:-)
Thank you !

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google