• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Hi

Yes i have had my snake for quite awhile im guessing she is about 7 months. She is a normal. Just shed today ill post a pic.

Welcome! We'd love to see your girl when you get the chance! Glad you joined the forum, there's lots of stuff in here.

16a18f02f5e005ef1444e720b3612366.jpg

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! So glad you could join!

What an awesome looking snake you've got there.

Hope to see you around! : )

I guess it depends on the method. Some work better for hatchlings and young snakes, while others work better for older or adult snakes.

Welcome!
New hatchlings can be sexed by "popping", something done by breeders, usually. Once they get older, and are able to control their muscles more, that is not very effective.
Older snakes can be sexed by probing.
Sometimes, you can tell by their tails, but that is not always effective. Males will have thicker tails that don't taper as much after the vent, and female tails typically taper more after the vent.
Another way is with lighter babies, like Amels, Snows, etc, you can hold them up to a light, and see whether they have hemipenes or not.
And lastly (that I can think of) sometimes females will lay slugs (infertile) eggs. Then, you know you have a female. LOL

Im going to have to do the pop method i tried when the snake was a bit younger but couldnt be sure. I guess it doesnt really matter as i wont be breeding. Just would be nice to know. Thank you for the help though much appreciatef

I think he's a little old for the popping method at this point. It really only works on hatchlings up to a certain age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Welcome. I live by a couple reptile stores. They offered to sex my snake when he got older because he was already too big for popping. But I don't care. I just call him a he. I don't like the idea of popping or probing. I keep thinking they will hurt him doing that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah i dont think im going to do either. Im just going to keep on calling the snake a girl

Back