• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn owner

Locolobito

09b05da10614f725201c48617c5f8aca.jpg

He is a blood corn snake. Named him Fireball. Otherwise I do have 26 ball pythons in my collection as well.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Have fun with Fireball. I don't know if the Ball's like to be handled, but I can tell you the Corns do. Mine can't wait for me to open their containers so they can get out and look around.

My bp's love getting out and exploring. I have a baby bp that hates being in his tub. As for Fireball, he is starting to enjoy getting held. He was flighty at first but expected.

My son sold a Ball Python to a woman who lived in my neighborhood. She wanted a tame snake for her 12 year old son to care for and handle. She called my son and said the Ball was vicious and they could not handle it. I drove to her house and she showed me where the Ball was in a large aquarium. I reached in and took him out and he was as gentile as can be. When I turned around both the woman and her son were in the next room peeking around the corner. Obviously both afraid of the little snake. I suggested a different pet.

My son sold a Ball Python to a woman who lived in my neighborhood. She wanted a tame snake for her 12 year old son to care for and handle. She called my son and said the Ball was vicious and they could not handle it. I drove to her house and she showed me where the Ball was in a large aquarium. I reached in and took him out and he was as gentile as can be. When I turned around both the woman and her son were in the next room peeking around the corner. Obviously both afraid of the little snake. I suggested a different pet.
I was honestly afraid of snakes until 2004. The first snake I held was a bp. After holding it cold, then warm, I was curious. After watching it eat, I was hooked. Firefly is the second breed of snake I have held.

I was honestly afraid of snakes until 2004. The first snake I held was a bp. After holding it cold, then warm, I was curious. After watching it eat, I was hooked. Fireball is the second breed of snake I have held.

It's funny, but both my wife and my 40 year old son are afraid of snakes. In 2015 I was hospitalized for a few weeks and told them they will have to make sure my Corns have water, and to feed them for me. I gave them written instructions about thawing the mice and how to feed them. When I got out of the hospital my wife showed me pictures of my son feeding the snakes. He had on safety glasses, a hat, a coat, and leather gloves. It's 80 degrees in my snake room. LOL. I guess he didn't want those long fangs penetrating the skin. LOL. My oldest son, on the other hand had over 600 breeding snakes and thousands of hatchlings, but he lived 200 miles away.

I wore gloves for the first 2 weeks while handling mu mystic hatchling. Still has attitude but the bites are laughable cause sticker bushes hurt more. Awesome what family will do for each other.

It looks like Fireball is actually a fire corn snake (amel + bloodred). He should end up a beautiful solid red snake in a couple years

Back