CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Bloodred or "just" diffused?

Old 09-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #11
Jitt
I'll try to take photo when I get him, this Sunday. I'm sure there will be plain white belly cause I do trust the breeder who sold him to me ... just was super curious about his progress with coloring (love those deep red snakies! <3)

Old 09-29-2015, 01:30 PM   #12
Jitt
I will try to take photo this Sunday when I'm going to get him, but depends on his mood ... don't wanna freak him out from the get go. But I trust there will be no belly checkers and just plain white as I do trust the breeder that sold him to me Was just super curious about estimations how he might progress with the color O

Curiosity will kill me one day for sure

Old 09-29-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
Jitt
I'm sorry for double (well, now triple) post, but anyone knows if I can edit/erase my own posts? Sorry for the mess made ... T_T

thanks ^_^

Old 09-29-2015, 04:11 PM   #14
hypnoctopus
Only contributing members can edit their posts. You can click the orange bar at the top of the website to find out more. You can also always use the "Go Advanced" button to preview your post and make sure there aren't any errors before you post.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:19 PM   #15
Jitt
Ah, thanks for the info this was my overlook as I didn't notice the post ended on second page ... and thought it sorta wasn't sent, my bad.

Old 10-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #16
Jessicat
I agree that it does look like the snake will develop lots of color. It's one of those things that will only reveal itself with time. I've had "Blood" hatchlings that looked the same as babies who turned out on the opposite spectrum when they reached adult hood.

Good luck, this one looks like it will be a screamer! The bright orange background and red that's already filling in on the sides are good indicators.

Old 10-02-2015, 02:32 PM   #17
Jitt
Thank you very much I know no one can tell me for sure how exactly he will look like, but any advice helps to a newbie like me (first snake, first pet if I don't count younger brother).

Also have a bit different question if I may ... everyone has vivs with branches and leaves and stuff ... so wanted to ask if a "volcanic cave" is good for corn, or not?

Cables won't be in there of course, I'm now monitoring temps at different places to have rough idea about "usual states" will have later two sensors for temp + humidity inbuilt on the white cables currently sticking out.

Hides in progress, for now it will be paper rolls till he grows up a bit (awesome idea from this forum!) that terrain wave has three holes in it for fun climbing + engraved climb path visible in the background.

Good? Bad? Am I missing something? Flower pots are covered by tiny mesh to prevent snake from burning himself and the flower pot sticking out (containing 30W heater atm) doesn't exceed 50°C at the highest place where the snake can possibly stuff himself (burn-safe, I expect him to be smart and not stay here if he will start to feel too hot) Ventilation holes are coverable from the outside, all three of them with sliding doors.

Also maybe stupid question ... can roughly 3month old hatchling squeeze through 3mm space between the glass doors?

Thanks for everything!

Old 10-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #18
Jitt
P.S. Forgot to add that at some point the volcanic cave became first-class radioactive sewer but oh well, it has its own charm too

Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 AM   #19
Jitt
Just to fill the info here up before I'll start progression thread (possibly) ... video I took when I brought him home showing more of his current true colors. Going by what breeder said when he was giving him to me he's starting to enter blue so colors might be affected. Will try to take new photo when he will shed

Didn't get a chance to get photo of his belly, but I saw it (when the breeder popped him for me to show me he's indeed a male) and it's completely clear, void of any checkers. White like freshly washed up

Also happened to be renamed to Romeo ... Carmin sorta didn't fit him when I saw him. I'm just crazy T_T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqKJTw49hPU&feature=youtu.be

Old 10-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #20
Jitt
Ech damn, sorry for wrong link T_T

Romeo - 3 month old bloodred

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google