CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Sunkissed things

Old 06-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
MysticExotics
Sunkissed things

I thought I should start a thread for my Sunkissed Corns. They are, in fact, one of my favorite morphs.

I suspect there might be some SK sort of gene in Mica, my Alabama female, & I will be testing that theory out.
I also have a gorgeous (albeit evil) Okeetee het SK male visiting for a while, & I hope to prove out the SK.

In alphabetica order, here are my Sunkissed Corns:

Darius-2011 Sunkissed Amel male-produced by Walter Smith

Roxanne (Roxy)-2007 Sunkissed Motley male-produced by PJ Coombs (from SG tested lines)

Syrus-2007 Sunkissed Motley female-sibling to Roxy-produced by PJ Cooms

Zoraida-2011 Sunkissed Bloodred female-produced by Walter Smith

Old 06-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #2
starsevol
WOW!!!!! Wonderful scalebabies!!!
Sunkissed is one of my favorite morphs as well.
And yours are perfect examples!

Old 06-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
MysticExotics
I knew it would only be a matter of time before you commented, Beth

I should add a couple het SK juvies that I have, as they are sired by my boy Syrus.

Terran has an "X" head pattern, & I plan on pairing her with my boy Stone, who is out of the Alabama Tessera project, & he also has an "X" head pattern. Terran is a Normal Motely, het for SK poss het for Anery.

I also have her brother, also a Normal Motley het SK, pss het Anery. He's in the availabel section, but if he doesn't find a home, I may find a project for him.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #4
starsevol
And yet again I am needing a paper towel and q tip to get the drool out of my keyboard......

Old 06-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
Lycari
Wait, so Saga might have an interesting het after all? o.o Interesting!

What makes you think Mica has some sort of SK gene? Just her overall great color? I'm curious about this theory! XD

Old 06-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycari View Post
Wait, so Saga might have an interesting het after all? o.o Interesting!

What makes you think Mica has some sort of SK gene? Just her overall great color? I'm curious about this theory! XD
I have my suspicions that Mica might have some sort of het SK gene going on. A few of the babies have potential SK looking het markers. Allie, Zayvion & Stone all have odd head patterns that look similar to het SK markers.
I wouldn't have let Saga go if she had them too. LOL
I'll be testing my theory by pairing Mica with a SK male, & likely the babies down the road as well, just to see.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
Lycari
Rofl, I suppose not. XD Mica doesn't have an unusual head pattern, though, does she? XD

SK brightens colors, as well as creating more uniform saddles and odd head patterns, right? I always hear about the head patterns (and the link to stargazer), but I can't seem to spot any other differences between an SK and a hypo. :P

Still, it'd be pretty cool if SK has appeared in the wild! But then, what if it was just a similar gene, and not actually the one we recognize as Sunkissed...? I think I'll follow this project of yours.... *grins*

Old 06-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycari View Post
Rofl, I suppose not. XD Mica doesn't have an unusual head pattern, though, does she? XD

SK brightens colors, as well as creating more uniform saddles and odd head patterns, right? I always hear about the head patterns (and the link to stargazer), but I can't seem to spot any other differences between an SK and a hypo. :P

Still, it'd be pretty cool if SK has appeared in the wild! But then, what if it was just a similar gene, and not actually the one we recognize as Sunkissed...? I think I'll follow this project of yours.... *grins*
Mica doesn't have the markers I'm referring to, just a few of her babies. Mica has nice thick borders that I love.
Terran, my Motley het SK female has the same "X" head pattern that Stone does, & the nose markings that Allie & Zayvion have.
If it didn't come from Mica, then it would be from the Tessera sire, Taz. But we paired him with Kaia, my Miami female, & there were no babies with the same markers, so I'm inclined to believe that it's on Mica's side.

Tessera brightens colors & affects patterns (Devon, the "Taztec"), so that's likely where that came from.

The SK head pattern isn't necessarily a link to SG, otherwise, all SK's with the funky head patterns would be SG, & they're not.

I'm looking forward to future projects with these guys!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Here's a close up of Terran, my Motley het SK female, with the "X" head pattern, & the nose markings. Stone also has an "X" head pattern. I plan on pairing those two together when they're both ready.

Old 06-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #10
MysticExotics
While I'm at it, here are Allie & Zayvion, Alabama Tessera babies, out of Mica & Taz.
They both have the nose pattern that makes me think there might be something SK going in there.
I'll test that out when they're big enough.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google