CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Interesting tub style, lid seems very secure

Old 09-05-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
pretends2bnormal
Interesting tub style, lid seems very secure

This is my first post here, and I've only had my first snake a few weeks, at this point. Just wanted to share something that I found when I was looking for a tub for my snake. I haven't seen it posted anywhere before. It's a Sterilite brand tub that has a sort of foam-type gasket and 6 latches to secure the lid. One on each end, and 2 on each of the long sides. The plastic of the lid seems much sturdier than many of the other lidded tubs I looked at, and doesn't budge under my force (or my baby snake's) with the latches alone.

On Sterilite's website they're calling them "Gasket Boxes", and the size I got is the 37 quart (24" L x 18" W x 7" H). I'll probably need to upgrade to another kind when mine gets much larger, since the footprint doesn't seem to increase much if at all in the larger sizes. But, at under $10, I thought I'd share this as it should work very well for young snakes and new owners with minimal modification/additions. Only thing I needed to do to it was to melt some ventilation holes.

I attached a couple of pics, as is customary. There's Noodle, our male Abbott Okeetee corn. He is very difficult to photograph. He wanted to check out my phone as a potential climbing place, and then made an attempt on the table to hide beneath the digital scale.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
DollysMom
Welcome to the forum! That's one sweet baby you have there.

Thanks for the tip on the Sterlite boxes. I have some normal ones that just latch on the ends, that I've poked air holes in, but my snakes are bagged inside of them. These sound very nice.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:45 PM   #3
DLena
Those are nifty bins! And your Okeetee is so adorable.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google