CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calico Corn Information?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #81
richm2778
Hehehe..... I am actually curious as to the price for hatchlings that have the characteristics mine have. Are they the same as regular leucy's, or are they priced differently because of the unique trait?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #82
Nanci
I have heard of people using wine fridges to brumate tortoises, although I don't know how the whole air exchange thing is handled.

I have a six-bottle wine fridge (for wine) that sits on the counter. Every time there is a power interruption, it shuts off and won't restart. I have a 35 bottle fridge which may or may not do that. It is much more efficient. The six-bottle one runs all the time, the 35 bottle one is off quite a bit. I put them both on a UPS which is why I don't know if the larger one restarts after a power interruption or not. At any rate, if you do use that method, I would recommend a UPS, too.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #83
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I have heard of people using wine fridges to brumate tortoises, although I don't know how the whole air exchange thing is handled.

I have a six-bottle wine fridge (for wine) that sits on the counter. Every time there is a power interruption, it shuts off and won't restart. I have a 35 bottle fridge which may or may not do that. It is much more efficient. The six-bottle one runs all the time, the 35 bottle one is off quite a bit. I put them both on a UPS which is why I don't know if the larger one restarts after a power interruption or not. At any rate, if you do use that method, I would recommend a UPS, too.
What? I don't follow?

Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #84
Nanci
The guy with the other snakes that lives in south Florida, that you advised to separate, was considering brumating them in a wine refrigerator. I didn't suddenly go off on a tangent.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:31 PM   #85
El Jefe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
The guy with the other snakes that lives in south Florida, that you advised to separate, was considering brumating them in a wine refrigerator. I didn't suddenly go off on a tangent.
I see.....it is tucked in there a few posts back.....now I follow.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #86
Windy
Thought you Guys might be interested in seeing these two photo's of a 'Chocolate Chip' Black Ratsnake.

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6757/pic402.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6757/pic1059.jpg
The snake and photo's belong to Doug Moody, SC.

Sorry I don't know any more about this snake but guess some might know Doug from the Kingsnake forums so could chase it up if your interested.

Sue x

Old 11-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #87
Windy
Quote:
Originally Posted by richm2778 View Post
Hehehe..... I am actually curious as to the price for hatchlings that have the characteristics mine have. Are they the same as regular leucy's, or are they priced differently because of the unique trait?
Real nice Leucys you have there - I've never seen any with that amount of speckling before, and if it proved to be a inheritable trait .. yep I'd pay more for it than a regular

Sue x

Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #88
reptile_jones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
Thought you Guys might be interested in seeing these two photo's of a 'Chocolate Chip' Black Ratsnake.

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6757/pic402.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Zoo/6757/pic1059.jpg
The snake and photo's belong to Doug Moody, SC.

Sorry I don't know any more about this snake but guess some might know Doug from the Kingsnake forums so could chase it up if your interested.

Sue x
Great photo's I think we are getting closer to the true ID of the "Calico Corn"

Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #89
richm2778
Thanks guys... As I said, I am not a breeder; however, I am very interested to see what turns up if I can get them to do the deed. I brought her in to Underground Reptiles, which is a very well known store in my area, and they were as puzzled by her as I am. They said that sometimes, as a Leucy ages black spots can appear; however, they had never seen one with black, red, orange, and yellow on individual scales before. On some scales, half the scale is white and the rest has pigment. She tends to get more spotted as she gets older. I will keep the forum posted, and if anything cool pops out come pip time, I would love for the offspring to end up with knowledgeable breeders to prove traits out. I think my girl and boy are special regardless.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:18 AM   #90
Camby
Chocolate Chip Black Rats

Doug Moody (originator of the albino nelsoni) had 2 of those in the early 90's. They were collected close to his home (upstate South Carolina) by some kids and they brought them to Doug. Unfortunately they persihed in a heater accident prior to being able top reproduce them. However, they looked alot like that except they weren't as vibrant white. Just thought I would mention it.

dc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google