CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Oops!...

Old 07-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #21
CornCrazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chausies
no worries carol. If you don't have enough to spare this year, I'd appreciate being placed on your waiting list for the next batch of hatchlings (if you get a 2nd clutch this year or for 2006 babies.)

thanks, and have fun with the little tikes,
Well...I'm gonna butt in for Carol here and let you know she won't have anymore from this exact pairing because I bought the yellow rat female from her. I am sure she will have other awesome hybrids available, though!

Old 07-08-2005, 03:40 PM   #22
chausies
too bad

but thanks for letting me know!

Old 07-09-2005, 11:40 PM   #23
cka
Quote:
Originally Posted by magick-bears
I have to say the more I see of some of these hybrids the more I question why it is I was against them.
Not to beat the dead horse known as "The hybrid debate" but when you can look at an obvious cross such as these and say "Yeah, I can see why people would find them beautiful" you have reached a (albeit very low) plateau of herptitude enlightenment..............Chinggggggg............ Our forefathers said, "No Specific Mixification without Proper Representation" as they dumped English tea in the Bosto.....errrr...anyway you don't have to like them, just deal with the fact some people do......ahhhh...........chinggggggg.......

Old 07-10-2005, 04:12 PM   #24
magick-bears
Quote:
Originally Posted by cka
Not to beat the dead horse known as "The hybrid debate" but when you can look at an obvious cross such as these and say "Yeah, I can see why people would find them beautiful" you have reached a (albeit very low) plateau of herptitude enlightenment..............Chinggggggg............ Our forefathers said, "No Specific Mixification without Proper Representation" as they dumped English tea in the Bosto.....errrr...anyway you don't have to like them, just deal with the fact some people do......ahhhh...........chinggggggg.......
Well I can defiantly see why others like them. I am also not against hybrids themselves per say. In fact I can see in some cities (maybe even states) where hybrids in the future may be the only legal to keep snakes

Where I have trouble with hybrids is that there is no way to keep them from being misrepresented. Most of us here know to only buy from reputable breeders but what about the general public? How do we as responsable snake owners/breeders help educate the general public?

~Jeff C.

Old 07-10-2005, 05:00 PM   #25
princess
Just lovely is all I have to say. I never would have thought of that combination. Hopefully the 3/4 yellow rat in them will mellow off the king snappishness. If nothing else, thy're great to look at!

Old 07-10-2005, 05:32 PM   #26
Quigs
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
Hopefully the 3/4 yellow rat in them will mellow off the king snappishness.
Speckled kings are nothing like the sterotypical kingsnake with a bad attitude. They are actually very mellow. On the flip side of that...I have seen yellow rat snakes that are very fiesty.

Q

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google