CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

stunning morph

Old 05-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
sarah s
Talking stunning morph

HYPOMELANISTIC het. LAVENDER cotton candy pattern
I came across this morph and fell in love I just hope they are not to pricey as I really want at least one of these.
See the link below to see what I mean
http://www.freewebs.com/lexcorn/cult...polavender.htm

Old 05-09-2006, 03:52 AM   #2
Russell
yep, pretty!

Since it's in a diff country, it's hard to say what the price range will be. Here in the states, I would think the hypo lavenders are going to drop in price this year, but still be in the hundred dollar range. I got my two pairs of hypo lavs from Rich's 25 percent off sale he's got going on. So only paid 75 each for those. And they are both doing great! Now I'm up late at night, hoping the little hypo lav female Connie has sent me is doing fine, along with her hypo sister and phantom female. *sigh* isn't waiting fun? Here's one of my hypo lavs.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
sarah s
I just got a price back he is asking 45 pounds for them not a bad price at all considering the local pet shop is selling an amel for 49.99. With the price so low I have asked for both a male and a female I just could not resist. I will also be buying my amel tomorrow as well.

Old 05-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #4
Joejr14
Hypos het lavender are nothing 'special', and the price will reflect that. I wouldn't envision spending more than $50 for a hypo het lavender when I can get a hypo lav for $100.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #5
princess
You're not taking into account the fact that the same snake might be priced differently in a different country. You pay about the equivalent to about US$150 for a hatchling lav with no hets around here.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #6
Marcel Poots
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
You're not taking into account ....snake might be priced differently in a different country.
Quote:
You pay about the equivalent
You remind me always of how well educated the Swedish are on the English language.. Kuddos to you about that..

And about the genes being available overthere I know what you talk about. In 2003 I bought my first Lavender. I bought them from Marc Vervest from belgium. He was the first person I know who bred lavenders on a good scale. They where around 150 euros at that time. I think you would pay less than half of that today since almost every corn enthousiast has Lavender in his collection. I am going for Hypo Lavender this year and hopefully lavender Motley next year.

Old 05-09-2006, 04:59 PM   #7
princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel Poots
You remind me always of how well educated the Swedish are on the English language.. Kuddos to you about that..

I can't take too much credit...I am Aussie after all!

-that said, the Scandinavians in general are very good at English due to the fact that pretty much all English language TV shows are subtitled rather than dubbed. In Germany and Italy they're all just dubbed and there's a marked difference in the English language ability of the general population.

I'll have to get in touch with Marcel too...it sounds like he might have something of interest to me too!

Old 05-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #8
Lexcorn
Originally posted by Joejr14
Quote:
Hypos het lavender are nothing 'special', and the price will reflect that.
This is your opinion & it reflects this 'morphs' general availability in the U.S., however, judging by the popularity of the hatchlings - selling out in record time in '05 - the Lavender gene is not so prolific here in the U.K.

Princess Is quite correct in her assessment of prices & I do not wish to go into detail here, however, quotations on some of the more elusive 'morphs' can be rather exorbitant dependent upon the country of orgin.

Originally posted by Marcel Poots
Quote:
And about the genes being available overthere I know what you talk about. In 2003 I bought my first Lavender. I bought them from Marc Vervest from belgium.
Yes, Marcel I too have some stock imported from Marc........a pair of Opals who present with the beautiful pinks & orange that is so desirable in the cultivar. They will be sufficiently mature for 2007 breedings.

The Hypomelanistic Lavender male who has produced the het. hatchlings will come into his own in 2007 when he will be mated to a number of interesting Lavender & Opal females.

He is, without a doubt, going to be the 'spearhead' of many projects in our Collection.

Old 05-10-2006, 06:11 AM   #9
magila
Quote:
I can't take too much credit...I am Aussie after all!

-that said, the Scandinavians in general are very good at English due to the fact that pretty much all English language TV shows are subtitled rather than dubbed. In Germany and Italy they're all just dubbed and there's a marked difference in the English language ability of the general population.

I'll have to get in touch with Marcel too...it sounds like he might have something of interest to me too!
oww I really hate the dubbed TV-shows, I'm glad that Holland also belong to the subbed "group" just like the Scandinavians
to bad I've got dyslexia, therefor my language still is terrible...

In Holland i think you'll pay approx. 125Eur. for a hypolav. this year

Old 05-10-2006, 06:35 AM   #10
colinmcc
45 quid for that snake in the UK is a good price indeed. As already mentioned, bog standard amels often sell for more than that over here. I've even seen normal hatchlings at only a fiver less than that ....

You can't compare UK and US prices directly. Everything in the corn snake market over here is more expensive and less common morphs are far less available than they are Stateside.

Go for it I say ....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google