• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Chewy's P.B. kittens get their own thread!

Oh man, their cuteness *hurts*!! lol I forgot you bred your momma PB, glad you have such a beautiful litter! Last spring at the Charlotte Repticon show, there was a cat show in the next building and a woman who had bought one of my Pekes was there showing, so Liana (our daughter) and I visited the show; quite a change of pace from reptiles! Or even dog shows, for that matter. But oh, some of the breeds are just gorgeous--! My friend breeds and shows short-hair Persians; more cuteness!!

I need one. Please? Just one? You can fly out here and visit Lauren and I and just bring one with you! Yes....that is a great plan. We will show you all around DC and Baltimore and you can stay on one of our airmattresses and all you need to do is bring us one of those!

Thanks guys! I HAVE to post their six week pics as bittersweet as it's going to be. I will try to do so before the weekend is over. (And before they turn 7 weeks!) My how time flies and kittens grow! "G" is still the fluffiest thing in the world. :)

How is little "stumps" Did he turn out to be continent? If he's causing any problems, when you come visit Lauren and Tara you can bring him along...I'm only an hour away!

How is little "stumps" Did he turn out to be continent? If he's causing any problems, when you come visit Lauren and Tara you can bring him along...I'm only an hour away!

Unfortunately he ended up being paralyzed in both "evacuation" areas for solid and liquid waste. The vet was very honest about all the complications he would face and we decided it was best to put him down. It was heartbreaking and the reason the six week update is so late. We loved him so much, the only consolation I have is that the little guy had a GREAT six weeks of life and was happy, content, very well loved, and very well taken care of.

That being said I will start the updates with pics of our Mr. Stumperton. It's been 5 days since we had to say good bye and I'm already in tears typing this.

Attachments

• shoebox.JPG
    shoebox.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 68
  • shoulderkitten1.JPG
    shoulderkitten1.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 68
  • shoulderkitten2.JPG
    shoulderkitten2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
  • upsidedown.JPG
    upsidedown.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 68
  • bye.JPG
    bye.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 68
And on a lighter note, here are the rest of them. Junior was renamed Wicket this week and we officially decided he was the keeper. We also thought of calling him "Chaka" but thought having two cats named Chaka and Chewy sounded like a bad sneeze. So here is Wicket, the mini bob cat.

Attachments

• Wicket.JPG
    Wicket.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Wicket2.JPG
    Wicket2.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Wicket3.JPG
    Wicket3.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 67
  • Wicket4.JPG
    Wicket4.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 67
And here is "G" aka Chancho. Our super fluffy, super lovey cuddle man!My friend is having a hard time choosing between him and Lady. She and her husband prefer Lady but the kids love Chancho, which makes him in the lead. If they take him, there is a good chance his name will be "Samwise" (the fat one) so we are trying to get him used to the name.

Attachments

• Chancho.JPG
    Chancho.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Chanchotechdeck.JPG
    Chanchotechdeck.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 65
  • Chancho3.JPG
    Chancho3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Chancho2.JPG
    Chancho2.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 65
Last but not least is Lady, she is the most active and she is always plotting to take over the world. Typical girl. :) We had such a hard time choosing between them all. Although her and Chancho didn't quite make the bob cat look a like boat, I think they are both very striking in their own way.
Lady was the first to figure out how to climb on the bed, and was very generous about showing everyone else how to do it. :)

Attachments

• Lady.JPG
    Lady.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Lady2.JPG
    Lady2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Lady3.JPG
    Lady3.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 71
  • Lady4.JPG
    Lady4.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 71
God Carol, they are growing up so fast. And such adorable fluffiness! I would never be able to put them down...I would just want to be constantly snuggling them!
That photo of G with the skateboard is begging for an LOLcat...hopefully Nanci or Robbie can do one?!?!

God Carol, they are growing up so fast. And such adorable fluffiness! I would never be able to put them down...I would just want to be constantly snuggling them!
That photo of G with the skateboard is begging for an LOLcat...hopefully Nanci or Robbie can do one?!?!

I can't believe they are going to be seven weeks tomorrow! They just had thier eyes open when I left for Daytona! Time just flies. They are so fun to watch now. It is very hard not to carry G everywhere you go because he never wants down and just purrs the whole time.

My nephew came over a week or so ago and we brought out my sons old hot wheels for him to play with. The kittens immediately stole them. My nephew was so mad at them. LOL. (He's two). Then my son gave them some tech decks and they love those too!

Wow, Carol!!!! They look so good that this cat hating, cat allergy man is wishing otherwise! LOL.

Of course I love "G", but they all look SUPER intelligent and inquisitive. I guess, looking at them, I can understand why there ARE cat lovers. :)

Just and ignorant question... they have a very "wild cat" look to them... almost lynx/bobcat like. Is that just their breed?

Wow, Carol!!!! They look so good that this cat hating, cat allergy man is wishing otherwise! LOL.

Of course I love "G", but they all look SUPER intelligent and inquisitive. I guess, looking at them, I can understand why there ARE cat lovers. :)

Just and ignorant question... they have a very "wild cat" look to them... almost lynx/bobcat like. Is that just their breed?

Thanks! I do love that none of them sport that "blank stare" you can see in some kittens. LOL. The breed is meant to look as much like Bob Cats as possible. Some sources say there is Bob Cat lineage, some swear there isn't. *shrug*

Did someone say LOLCat??

I soooo wish I could rep you! :p

Wicket is a perfect name for that little fluff ball! Awwww takes me back..

Sorry if I'm out of the loop, my summer's been pretty intense, but are these guys half Bobcat or Lynx or something? Their dad looks like he's straight from a zoo!

They remind me of a fluffier more Maine Coon like version of the Savannah, a cross between a Bengal domesticated cat and the African Wild Cat. They're beautiful, but would be waaaayyyy too much cat for me (unless I was rich and could afford to have a huge caged habitat for them).

Too bad about little Stumps. His name reminded me of Stumptown Coffee. The looking over the shoulder picture is just tooo cute! Good luck with the rest of them!

Back