• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

10 gallong tank for smaller yearling?

cornsnakebob

My yearling corn is taking FOREVER to get some size on him. He's been refusing meals lately and I think it MAY be because he's in a 20 gal. tank. He has 2 hides and couple of perching spots, an UTH AND a heat lamp, but I'm wondering if I should go back to setting up an old 10 gal. I have.

Pic...

IMG-4557.jpg

Do you have a thermostat to regulate the heat mat?
What's the ambient temp in the room that he's in?
I'm guessing that the heat lamp and the UTH is creating too much heat, and that might be why he's refusing meals.

I'm guessing that the heat lamp and the UTH is creating too much heat, and that might be why he's refusing meals.

It can get pretty cold overnight. like under 60°. His hot hide can get up to around 87° on warmer days if we have the furnace on. He also has a basking branch.

It can get pretty cold overnight. like under 60° hence the need for a lamp... His hot hide can get up to around 87° on warmer days if we have the furnace on. He also has a basking branch.

Back