CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Baby corn shedding?

Old 07-24-2017, 06:54 PM   #1
Gilman snakes
Baby corn shedding?

I have a 5 month old corn who has started feeling a bit "sticky" and has caused a bit of friction while to slithers over my hands/arms. She looks a little " dusty" or white.. (she's a normal) She also refuses to eat on Thursday and Sunday. She has not been out cruising at night like she was either, just hiding under the aspen or under her plants. Could she just be getting ready to shed? Her eyes look clear still. She also seems just a bit lethargic, but I'm not sure if it's just cause she's "resting". I'm new to this whole snake thing..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-24-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
NinnJinn
possible.... do you have a moist hide for her to chill out in?

Old 07-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #3
Gilman snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnJinn View Post
possible.... do you have a moist hide for her to chill out in?

I'm putting one in there now, but she hasn't been out from under the aspen at all.. I'm thinking I'll put it in there, and then put her in it and see if she stays in it. Moist paper towels in a Tupperware is sufficient right?

Old 07-25-2017, 12:30 AM   #4
CornsAustria
Sphagnum moss works best... I do it so, and mine love it After dinner for diggesting and when they are blue its important to use a wetbox

Old 07-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
Gilman snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornsAustria View Post
Sphagnum moss works best... I do it so, and mine love it After dinner for diggesting and when they are blue its important to use a wetbox

I put her in the wet box, which is in her tank, but she just climbed right out, back under the aspen🤦🏼♀️

Old 07-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #6
Reptile Lover 23
did you let the corn settle in for a week? if not i would try that with her or him being only 5 month old she/he might feel out of place until she/he settles in.

you could check your temps too mine are kept at 85Fmin-88Fmax day and night.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #7
NinnJinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilman snakes View Post
I'm putting one in there now, but she hasn't been out from under the aspen at all.. I'm thinking I'll put it in there, and then put her in it and see if she stays in it. Moist paper towels in a Tupperware is sufficient right?

IMO it is. It has a lid on it right? I have mine situated where half is in the middle between warm and cool and half is on the warm side.

I did exactly what you did, put the snake in the hide.... Sherbert came right back out. but 2 days later was chilling out in it then 3 days later he had shed. He hasn't been in it since. I have two hides that I use, so I rotated them daily so one had time to air dry and one had fresh moist towels.

Old 07-27-2017, 11:35 PM   #8
Gilman snakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnJinn View Post
IMO it is. It has a lid on it right? I have mine situated where half is in the middle between warm and cool and half is on the warm side.

I did exactly what you did, put the snake in the hide.... Sherbert came right back out. but 2 days later was chilling out in it then 3 days later he had shed. He hasn't been in it since. I have two hides that I use, so I rotated them daily so one had time to air dry and one had fresh moist towels.

Thank you all.. Norma shed sometime last night. She will be happy to eat (finally, I hope) when I get home in the morning

Old 08-14-2017, 10:01 PM   #9
vera_r
Ruby uses her water bowl when she needs more moisture, but generally she just runs it off against her hides on the rough exteriors. Of she has problems, I will run warm water over stuck part to help her, but have only had to do this for 2 small places. The behavior sounds just like her before she sheds.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google