CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Escaped snake!!!

Old 09-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #1
tateerrzz
Unhappy Escaped snake!!!

Hi guys,

My corn escaped her viv the night I fed her. I woke up the next morning to check on her and she was no where to be found. She must of squeezed and pushed herself through the lid somehow. I'm so worried I'll never get her back. I put out a pinkie and set a trap but no luck. This will be the second night she's gone. I've checked everywhere in the room multiple times. I feel like she got into the walls perhaps. Is there any way to get her back or is it hopeless!? ):

Old 09-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #2
Arpolis
Keep an eye out. Many many moons ago I have a small amel get loose. About 5 days later it was night and I was in a dark room watching a little TV and a silhouette of a snake dropped into view of the tv screen. There he was starting to explore after probably spending time staying warm on the top of the TV.

There is always hope.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
Caryl
Don't give up! Most of us who keep snakes long term have had an escape or two. There are several tricks to try. Snakes are more likely to travel along walls than through the middle of the room, but they are happy to get into nooks and crannies. Looking around in the dark with a flashlight can help you to focus your field of vision and maybe locate your wanderer. Don't forget to look up. I found an escaped snake at the top of the curtains. I also had luck once with putting the escapee's viv on the floor against a wall. I put the viv on its side with its lid partly blocking the entrance. In the morning the snake was inside the viv, curled in its favorite hide. It's a good idea to put a dish of water somewhere that the snake can get to it, just in case.

And then there was the hatchling escapee on whom I'd given up. He was gone for a couple of months, and I just figured that he was gone for good. One day he turned up coiled at the base of the toilet, of all places. He was a little skinny, but otherwise fine. I have no idea how he survived, but he did. So don't give up!

Hoping you find your snake soon!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google