CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Old 01-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #81
Karl_Mcknight
yeah I've actually been trying to figure out what percentage of "Feed Weight" actually stays with the snake. It's hard to track because you have to weigh the snake before each feed, weigh the snake's food item, and then weigh the snake again after the poop. But there is a measurable increase in each feeding but it seems to diminish slightly the bigger Rufus gets. Which would explain the fact they grow faster as babies and slow down as they get bigger. But best I can tell, as of right now, Rufus is gaining about 4 grams per week, and since he is currently eating 18 to 21 gram mice that means he's retaining about 20% of his feed.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #82
DollysMom
Lol, right now Cleo is gaining four to 5 grams a month and she's only slightly larger than Rufus's prey!

Old 01-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #83
Karl_Mcknight
yup. That's typical.

When I first got Rufus about 9 months ago, he was retaining about 40% of his feed. Now he's at about 19 or 20%. He's still growing but he's definitely slowed down. I expect this trend to continue and at some point his growth will be negligible and more of a maintenance issue.

But it's still cool and fun to watch the babies grow while you can. It's kind of like putting a pencil mark on the wall and measuring your child month to month.

LOL....... My "Baby" is growing up.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM   #84
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
yup. That's typical.

When I first got Rufus about 9 months ago, he was retaining about 40% of his feed. Now he's at about 19 or 20%. He's still growing but he's definitely slowed down. I expect this trend to continue and at some point his growth will be negligible and more of a maintenance issue.

But it's still cool and fun to watch the babies grow while you can. It's kind of like putting a pencil mark on the wall and measuring your child month to month.

LOL....... My "Baby" is growing up.
I hear you. God willing I'm going to have her as an adult a lot longer than as a baby. I don't know what that's like yet! Rufus definitely is looking a whole lot more grown up.

Old 01-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #85
Karl_Mcknight
I'm gonna cry when he asks to borrow the car

Old 01-02-2016, 12:30 PM   #86
nicolefowler2005
Lol they do grow up so quick don't they

Nicole

Old 01-02-2016, 02:09 PM   #87
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
I'm gonna cry when he asks to borrow the car
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolefowler2005 View Post
Lol they do grow up so quick don't they

Nicole

We are like a bunch of doting parents, aren't we though? And every little snakey moment captured in pictures as well, lol.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:56 PM   #88
Kalista
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post

We are like a bunch of doting parents, aren't we though? And every little snakey moment captured in pictures as well, lol.
I'm pretty sure I stopped doing my son's baby book within a few weeks - but Atlas' record keeping has gone on for nearly a year!

But I can say with absolute certainty there are more pictures of kiddo than Atlas!

Old 01-03-2016, 06:08 PM   #89
DollysMom
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalista View Post
I'm pretty sure I stopped doing my son's baby book within a few weeks - but Atlas' record keeping has gone on for nearly a year!

But I can say with absolute certainty there are more pictures of kiddo than Atlas!
Only 'cause we have to take breaks for digesting and shedding

Old 01-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #90
DollysMom
Mellow yellow

I took out my "real" camera, which is still a point and shoot, and took a few shots of Cleo today. This is five days post shed. What really shows up for me is the yellow coming out on her sides in her front third. There is also some pink on her head, but it is a bit more subtle in person.

She was really on the move in the first pic and I love it for that reason. It captures that action. The second has better focus and of course more detail. The last was with flash. I prefer not to flash her and I goofed, but it sure brings out the detail of her face.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google