CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 06-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #91
albertagirl
It's so cute when they hang their head and their tail out of the hide like that. I always wanna grab their tail and pretend I stole it like you do with a little kid's nose. "Got your tail!" lmao

Old 06-09-2016, 01:34 PM   #92
DollysMom
Thanks . I know what you mean.

Old 06-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #93
DollysMom
Happy 13th Birthday Mandy!

Of course, we don't really know the date, or even how old she really is, but I decided to set aside a special day for this precious girl. I picked Flag Day, June 14th, because it is one of those lesser celebrated holidays that I love and is as good a hatch date as any.

She has put on a little weight, which is a good thing. She's 488 grams which is up 24 grams from when we got her, and I think she's looking healthy. I hope that her sweet personality comes through in some of them. She's a total love bug.

She got a new silk ficus vine for her viv today by way of present. I don't think she's found it yet.

Just a quick note for those who haven't followed, her eyes have been checked out by a vet and she's not in blue.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #94
Karl_Mcknight
It's weird, in the close up pics her eyes look Milky, but in the distance shots like the bottom pic, her eyes look fine. What did the vet have to say about it? Just curious. I did know somebody with a partially blind snake once due to cataracts.

She looks like a real sweetie, especially in pic 1, and she seems curious and explorative in pic 6.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:46 PM   #95
DollysMom
Thanks Karl! She's sweet and curious-- in other words an archetypical corn snake!

The vet said possible cataracts. It actually shows up more in the pictures than in person. The vet had a hard time seeing, even with a lighted magnifier, what I can see in the pics. I also asked the vet about the cloudy areas at the top of the eyes and she finally was able to see them but she said it didn't seem like anything active and to just keep an eye on things.

I know it's under the spectacles because the spectacles were perfect when she shed. I did tell the vet right away that I had no problem loving and keeping a blind snake if it went there. Mandy can definitely see, but I'm sure it is to some degree impaired.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #96
cinnabunbun
Happy birthday to Mandy!

Old 06-14-2016, 07:00 PM   #97
DollysMom
Thank you cinnabunbun! I'll tell her you said so.

Old 06-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #98
Asmodeus
shes precious!!! she seems like a sweet, chill snake!

Old 06-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #99
DLena
I love your Mandy. She's so lucky to have you. Happy belated birthday!

Old 06-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #100
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
shes precious!!! she seems like a sweet, chill snake!
She is. Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I love your Mandy. She's so lucky to have you. Happy belated birthday!
Thank you. I'm the lucky one.

I feel the same about you and Gypsy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google