CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 04-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #21
DollysMom
Thank you, mrobinson. Being able to adopt is a special honor and responsibility. I'm so grateful for the rescue and all their good work.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:13 PM   #22
DollysMom
Smile She ate!

I know that everyone knows how great it is when a snake eats for you for the first time. I gave her two smallish mice for a total of 22 grams.

I still didn't take a weight on her. I thought moving her to the bin was enough for today.

I'm not sure of her last feeding but it was over a week ago because she was digesting last Thursday. She's been on a weekly feeding schedule.

It has been 4 days since I got her. It was the minimum acclimation wait, but she's been so mellow and seemed to be hunting so I went with my instincts.

I have been told she eats right through shed, too.

I put her back in the viv and she went right to the warm hide.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #23
Karl_Mcknight
Well in her defense - she is 12 years old. She knows how to put away the mice.

I'm going to bet she's a perfect sweetie and very Lady-Like. And I'll bet she's just itching for the opportunity to get out of that cage, wrap around your neck, and watch reruns on TV

Old 04-28-2016, 06:45 PM   #24
DollysMom
I have a feeling you are absolutely right, though make that curled up in my lap. I think she's going to be a lap snake

Old 04-28-2016, 10:12 PM   #25
DLena
Mandy is very pretty, and I love that name. (If I would have had a daughter, that would have been her name - lol.) It looks like she has a butterfly saddle; I think those are especially nice.I was wondering how you knew her age, since she was adopted. Did the surrender people know or is there a way to guestimate? (Like a snake equivalent to checking a horse's teeth) I ask because I have no idea how old Gypsy is; I only know that she is a 964 gram adult.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #26
DollysMom
The rescue people guestimated based on information that I'm not privy to, like info from the surrender. I do know she came into the rescue with a male and she laid a clutch last spring so she's definitely a she. I also know she was examined by a vet as are all their intakes.

I'm not sure she really has a butterfly saddle but she does have a few interesting ones. I agree that butterfly saddles are special. I'll let you know what I find as I get to know her better.

I don't have a weight on her yet. I'll get that post digestion. I guestimated her length because when she was cruising the perimeter, she was longer than the front and side of the viv combined and that's 4.5 feet, so she's a big girl.

Gypsy is really beautiful. I wish I could help. There's no way I know of to know. I agree that It's nice to have an idea of year at least. Thanks for sharing her pic.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:52 PM   #27
mishima25
I've been pretty busy and didn't see this until now. You adopted a granny snake, hehe :P
She's very pretty. Congrats!

Old 04-29-2016, 06:21 PM   #28
DollysMom
Thank you!

Lol on the granny snake. When I first met the rescue folks they said, "You do know she's an older snake, right?" And I said, "That's okay, I'm am older person. It works for me." I figure she and I can be older together

Old 04-29-2016, 06:25 PM   #29
Karl_Mcknight
get her a Clapper and set the TV on the Home Shopping Network and she will be happy.

Old 04-29-2016, 08:15 PM   #30
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
get her a Clapper and set the TV on the Home Shopping Network and she will be happy.
Heck, both of us will be happy, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google