CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Two morph questions

Old 07-03-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
LadyJemima
Two morph questions

These are two snakes available for adoption. I believe the first is a Butter (?). The second...Butter x Amel Motley?

Also...why do the scales sometimes become lighter in the center of the saddle? Is this a Motley characteristic?

Old 07-03-2017, 10:03 AM   #3
LadyJemima
Karl...been there. Just curious if I'm on the right track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-03-2017, 10:33 AM   #4
The Cat
Both of those snakes appear to be amel. If they were motley, their saddles would form a circular shape.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:31 PM   #5
MysticExotics
Both are Amels, the first one might be a Creamsickle (hybrid).
Neither are motley.

Some do get that fading in the saddles, and I don't know if they have figured out if there is any specific reason for it.
My first Miami phase had it, pretty noticeable.

One of my current Miami's from Carol has it too. (Third photo is the Miami from Carol, the first two are my first Miami phase, unknown history).

The last photo is Brokk, my Miami Tessera (who was out of Kaia, the first one pictured). You can see it on his coloring as well.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Tavia
Agreed, first one appears creamsicle and the other one Amel.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:43 PM   #7
CornsAustria
And to the other question - yes, the motley gene makes the colour brighter - this one is a normal motley - some people here thought this is a hypo but not

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google