CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

*insert expletive here*

Old 04-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Hypancistrus
*insert expletive here*

Our racks from Animal Plastics are coming next week. We went to look at getting 32 qt. and 15 qt. tubs to go with the one rack and lo and behold... you can't get them anymore!

I've emailed Animal Plastics regarding this. Hopefully there is another brand we can use.

Has anyone else just placed an order with AP and is having this issue? Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Hallie
I emailed them awhile back regarding this when I was looking into purchasing a few racks and saw that the tubs were discontinued. There are alternatives (I'm assuming you're talking about the Sterilite tubs). I'll see if I can find the email for you.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #3
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
We went to look at getting 32 qt. and 15 qt. tubs to go with the one rack and lo and behold... you can't get them anymore!
The 1750 line was discontinued last year.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Hallie
Here you go Lauren. This is what I was told.

The 1754 and 1756 tubs have been discontinued by Sterilite. The replacement tubs are model numbers 1753 and 1755. They are latch top tubs, so the purple latch handles on the ends of the tubs will need to be removed. They are available at Target stores, exclusively.

I hope that helps (I believe those are the correct tub sizes).

Old 04-08-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
RobbiesCornField
I prefer Reptile Basics Inc. They come with the tubs so you don't have to worry about all that extra stuff.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
LostNFound
have you check ollies and big lots ... they usually have discontinued stuff ...

Old 04-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?
Not sure what I am going to do if I should need to replace tubs, for my racks that use the Sterilite 1750 line, but figured that I could always try something like ... perhaps the 1950 line 27 qt Sterilite, with lid on, or placing a sheet (cardboard or other material) under the tub to make up for the small height difference.

Also, due to not being able to purchase the 1750 line anymore, I have just had two racks made (and another about to be made) that uses different tubs than the 1750 line.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #8
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
The replacement tubs are model numbers 1753 and 1755. They are latch top tubs, so the purple latch handles on the ends of the tubs will need to be removed.
The problem, with these, is that it leaves a gap where the latches are located. It may work for adult snakes (depending on species) but will not work for youngsters (at least not without altering the tub/s).

Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
airenlow
If it comes down to it, I have 3 extra 1756 tubs I would be willing to part with.

I got mine at Target.com months after they were discontinued.

Boaphile makes racks with the 1756 included...I wonder if you could buy just the tubs from them?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
Hallie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
The problem, with these, is that it leaves a gap where the latches are located. It may work for adult snakes (depending on species) but will not work for youngsters (at least not without altering the tub/s).
I looked at them when I was at Target 2 weeks ago. As far as I recall, there isn't a gap there. I could be wrong though. I was shopping for tubs and I always take that into consideration, and as I remember, I thought the tubs looked fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google