CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

When is a corn snake an adult?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
Mina
There won't be any breeding of my boys any time soon. I only have one female who is even close to them in age and size. Right now she only is a year and a half old and 112 grams. The boys will just have to wait for her.
Actually, the snow will have to wait even longer. The female I want to breed him to is an amel that hatched this August. (her parents were a snow and a charcoal, so I'm hoping to get some snows from breeding them).
I a little concerned that the lavender motley is getting a little fat, I'm going to take them to 30 grams of food once every two weeks and see how they do.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:55 PM   #12
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebonilass View Post
Of course, 12 yr old boys can breed, but that doesn't make them adults. In horses, a 2 yr old can breed, but they are not considered adults until they are four.... some snakes have bred as early as a year old, so not sure that I would consider that the guiding line to whether a snake is an adult or not. I think I would probably use the 3 or 4 year mark..
I respect your points, except comparing these animals to a 12 year old boy. There are no social morals in the animal kingdom. Size, not age, determines when a corn snake of either gender is ready to breed. If you don't brumate the first two years and power feed, you can have some corns at large adult size in two years. I don't recommend it, just pointing it out/being an Internet stickler.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:41 AM   #13
xebay11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
I respect your points, except comparing these animals to a 12 year old boy. There are no social morals in the animal kingdom. Size, not age, determines when a corn snake of either gender is ready to breed. If you don't brumate the first two years and power feed, you can have some corns at large adult size in two years. I don't recommend it, just pointing it out/being an Internet stickler.
Ok thanks hbbbn for nmn

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Old 02-22-2018, 06:29 AM   #14
Sarahw
They are not yet adults. just heavyweight

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google