CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Peoples thoughts on this terrarium

Old 04-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #1
barett
Peoples thoughts on this terrarium

Exo Terra® Natural Desert Reptile & Amphibian Low Terrarium

Is this good for corn snakes. I see some people use it. What are the pluses and minuses? Are they really escape proof?

Old 04-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
it would be ok I guess, but corn snakes are climbers and would be more at home in something taller. I have an exo terra similar to the one you are referring to, but the taller version with things to climb on. The folks that keep snakes in 4 inch tall trays in a rack would tell you that one is fine, which is why I say it's ok.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #3
barett
ok Funny I read that they arent climbers and prefer lower terrariums. Glad I asked a pro.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:03 AM   #4
Twolunger
Corn snakes are great climbers. One of the guys I know said you have to look in the small trees and bushes when herping, as corns try to find bird nests. I have found snake sheds hanging in the bushes, but couldn't tell if they were from corns. I'm too lazy to try counting scales on the sheds.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 AM   #5
barett
36 in x 18 in x 18 in....is that more appropriate then? Or what would you recommend. Can you link me to an example please.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #6
Twolunger
Exo-Terra enclosures are really nice, but pricey. When I was looking for vivariums for my reptiles I went to the pet shop and asked if they had any aquariums that were cracked and couldn't hold water. I bought a 40 gallon with a crack along the bottom and a locking screen top for about $30. But if you are not concerned with the prices I'd buy a nice Exo-Terra.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #7
barett
I LOVE the exo terra because of the front opening. I love that about them. Is there other options for that?

Old 04-12-2019, 02:33 PM   #8
Twolunger
I made my own doors on enclosures that I built. Unless you are handy it's best to buy what you like.

Old 04-12-2019, 03:49 PM   #9
barett
I am not handy at all lol. I need to buy one.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:43 PM   #10
blacktip
The 36x18x18 would be a great size. That is the exact size I am looking to get next for mine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google