CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #111
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
This is what I mean with the political nonsense. To compare Obama to Hitler or Stalin, and suggest that maybe a hanging would be in order in the future is simply out of line. I can't find any historical knowledge in that comparison, and find it so far beyond logic that it's no wonder why Obama won by that margin. And let's not get into sugar coating the "lynching" statement either. People know damn well what lynching is, and have no sense of mind using it here.
Because in your ignorance you have NO concept of history. Additionally, you have an extreme apparent inability to understand the written word.

We didn't compare him to Hitler. In fact, I said I wasn't doing that. What I asked was if HITLER deserved to be hung for his actions. Then I asked what IF Obama became like Hitler? WHAT IF? How more clear can one be and still have you insist on misunderstanding it and twisting it into a crazy fabrication not even loosely based on the truth? It's like English isn't your first language or something.

You are the one that keeps bring up prejudice because you have NO OTHER WAY to defend your stance. I believe it is more projection on your part (trying to pretend you didn't vote for him based on color) than anything else. I haven't voted for a democrat in a major election in my life. I don't think I refused to do so this time because he is HALF black.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:19 PM   #112
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Well, connotations in the receiver may have no validity to the sender. Realize I was talking about lynching in reference to a WHITE sheriff for his actions (rigged voting booths, shooting a balc guy via his deputies, etc.). So? Lynch means any group of mad people hanging on they feel deserves it to me. Nothing more.

Like I've alweays said, I am responsible for my meaning - not how you TAKE that meaning. I am firmly convinced that Susan would have used those terms to describe McCain if he was doing the same thing now. Projection of bad thoughts on words is something we all need to avoid in a text-only mode of communication

Oh bull poopy. I am just as firmly convinced the word used was unnecessary and inflammatory and carries the wrong connotation.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #113
ZoologyGirl
I have a question for all you fine folks. (wait, did this start out as a political thread, I can't remember)

Anyway...

Do any of you think things would have been differend (read: for the better) if McCain/Palin would have won the election?

Personally, I think the majority of us would still be complaining, only about different things.

The system works! (fails)

Old 08-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #114
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Which has worked VERY well for the GLBT community. Case in point, I and MANY other GLBT folks I know were swayed to vote for Obama by his promises of things like overturning Don't Ask, Don't Tell in the US Military (hasn't happened) and pushing for federal "marriage" rights/ equality for us, while blocking attempts to constitutionally ban gay marriage. He seemed more friendly to us than Sarah Palin (yes, I said Sarah Palin... McCain was an afterthought, ready to keel over) was and a lot of us thought "Finally, someone who will listen."

Nope. The rights of the minority are trampled and ignored again by yet another Washington Politician. Woot.

What you INTEND and what actually HAPPENS are often two seperate and far disparate things. The fact is that whenever we are "ruled" by a majority, the rights of the minority will always be disregarded. Sometimes it takes insurrection in order to change that... or a sheer reduction in political and governmental reach and power.

I don't believe any politician or government organization or individual citizen of this great country has ANY right to tell me who I may take as my life partner. It is, quite frankly, none of their damn business, and the collective "they" need to butt the hell out. At this point I want the freedom to live my life as I see fit, free of intervention from government officials of any party.

(Incidentally I find it amusing that a thread started to protest political threads has now turned into one! )
I agree 100%! This would be one of my biggest problems with Obama. I know he has no bad feelings about gays and lesbians, but he needs to do way more than he is. I find these minority rights to be more important than any other right now, because we can't lead anyone if we haven't gotten past the most simple of things, which is equality for all.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #115
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael823 View Post
I can't find any historical knowledge in that comparison,
...because you haven't looked. Read something and comprehend it before saying any such thing. Have you read Mein Kampf? If not, how can you even pretend to say there is no connection or historical similarities between what Obama has said and started doing with what Hitler started off saying and doing? Do you even realize Hitler was elected by a large majority (90% or something like that if memory serves). The majority should ALWAYS get what they want, right? Isn't that basically what you said? Sometimes, they get what they ask for - even if it isn't what they wanted.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #116
Michael823
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJUN View Post
You are the one that keeps bring up prejudice because you have NO OTHER WAY to defend your stance. I believe it is more projection on your part (trying to pretend you didn't vote for him based on color) than anything else. I haven't voted for a democrat in a major election in my life. I don't think I refused to do so this time because he is HALF black.
You disguise your true feelings as "hypothetical" then blame me for not understanding. Really an easy out, but doesn't hide the comparisons you made.

"(trying to pretend you didn't vote for him based on color)"
Ooooohhhh! Reverse psychology. Try to say I voted based on color, as to deter someone from pointing that finger back at you.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 PM   #117
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post

Oh bull poopy. I am just as firmly convinced the word used was unnecessary and inflammatory and carries the wrong connotation.
Well, I can't say what Susan meant. I can only tell you what I mean when I say it, and I took it the way I would mean it. You can take it the way you would have meant it, but only Susan's meanings count. because you took it one way doesn't mean she is wrong for saying it. Sorry.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:28 PM   #118
Carinata
So does anyone here watch The Closer. Just tryin to lightne the mood

Old 08-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #119
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
Do any of you think things would have been differend (read: for the better) if McCain/Palin would have won the election?

Personally, I think the majority of us would still be complaining, only about different things.

The system works! (fails)
I agree. I have now voted in three Presidential elections, and in every single one of them I found myself choosing between the lesser of two evils. This last was the hardest of all... there was no clear choice and the fact that Sarah Palin, a religious right Class A whack job, was added to the McCain mix just solidified Mr. Obama that much more.

At the very least, Obama IS taking his ideas, thoughts, orders and bills from men and women here on EARTH... not from God in His heavens above, like Palin was inclined to do....

Men and women can be influenced, their words and thoughts and decisions modified and changed. When it comes to a religious nut like Palin, there's no arguing with God's law....

Old 08-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #120
Hypancistrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
So does anyone here watch The Closer. Just tryin to lightne the mood
I hate that show too. The lead actress really bugs the hell out of me... not sure why. Just makes my skin crawl listening to her.

I am all about some Law & Order... regular or SVU... preferably with some Angie Harmon hotness thrown in.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google