CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

feeding before shed

Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
Spencer
feeding before shed

I'm not sure, internet is a bit half and half on this. My baby girl, yearling, born may, round 80grams, has no issues eating, I don't feed in blue but just before, when she goes dull sometimes, and she always takes the two fuzzies, any health reasons not to fees at this stage?

Old 12-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2
Spencer
I should also mention at this stage she is not defensive yet more docile through handling and has no issues being handled either at that stage

Old 12-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #3
Eatmice2010
I'm not sure but my vote is there's no problem with it. But I don't know for sure, my boy won't eat when in shedding stages, but I see no problem with you feeding. But like I said I'm unsure.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Doggey75
I don't think its a problem. You can try feeding him. If he wants to eat. I fed my corn snake while his eyes were blue and he still ate lol

Old 12-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
AliCat37
I used to feed when they were in blue, any stage.
I stopped though. Now when my snakes are at any point in the shedding cycle the mouse goes back in the freezer if it was already set out and not thawed yet. I have had way too many snakes regurge when in blue.

Old 12-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Spencer
So she does eat.....I guess until I get a regurge I'll keep at it. I will say this though, my baby is a good eater. Never regurged or turned down food. She loves her eating. Was a bit skeptical last night though. She northern mouse at It's midsection with times then spent 10 minutes trying to rearrange her mouth to a proper place, then at one point, couldn't get the foot in. cute nontheless.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #7
Justine66
I also don't recommend feeding while they are on any stage of shed.
not only do you face regurge issues, by not feeding while the snake is in shed it Aldo gives their.digestive systems time to recoup.
wild snakes will go weeks searching for prey, this gives them time to allow their stomachs time to relax, no snake in the wild Is finding they perfect prey item every week, but in captivity your in control of what does and doesn't go into your snake.

hope this helps!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google