CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Air freshener

Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #1
CarlosI210
Air freshener

So it appears that some way or another air freshener liquid ended up covering the inside of my snakes tank (apparently one of my roommates had put an air freshener right above my snakes tank without me noticing) well when I got home, I noticed the tank was very dusty looking, when I opened it up the entirety of it was covered In a thin layer of slime, including my snake. I would come to find out that this was air freshener liquid both from the smell and eventually by being told as much. I cleaned out the tank with scalding hot water, made sure there was no residue left, added fresh bedding and I’m boiling all of her hides and decorations and put temporary hides inside the tank. My snake seems fine, she was active as she usually is but like I said before, she was also covered in it, I washed her off and soaked her twice then lightly toweled her off. However I’m still worried that this stuff is somehow poisonous to them and she could be in danger. Last night I did notice she was moving around her tank unusually, but it was dark so I couldn’t see the duskiness of the tank and eventually I saw her poop so I assumed that was the purpose. Now I know she was trying to escape and the tank could have been covered for as many as two days, is there anything else I can/should do and does anyone know if this liquid is exceptionally harmful?

Old 11-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I would think the label should list ingredients and state toxicities.

I would think asking a vet questions such as this would be more beneficial than asking internet forum readers, most of which know less than you do.

I would pour a bottle of the liquid in question over my room mates head while he/she slept to see how he/she felt about it, and then explain the consequences of being irresponsible and careless.

Old 11-09-2017, 09:25 PM   #3
CarlosI210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
I would think the label should list ingredients and state toxicities.

I would think asking a vet questions such as this would be more beneficial than asking internet forum readers, most of which know less than you do.

I would pour a bottle of the liquid in question over my room mates head while he/she slept to see how he/she felt about it, and then explain the consequences of being irresponsible and careless.

Thanks, and believe me, she didn’t get off easy, and if something ends up happening to my snake I’ll be even more livid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google