CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Whats the deal!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 AM   #371
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypancistrus View Post
Couple things... first off, "fag" is a word that is generally considered offensive and not something one likes to hear in polite conversation. Something akin to the n-word. You will hear some gay people use it for much the same reasons that you will hear some African American people use the n-word... to take control of the word, take ownership of it, so that it cannot be used to hurt them. My personal feeling on that is that we should not use the word because doing so "makes it okay."
Not like it's hardly the first time it ever happened. I guess applying apathy to the situation was no longer working, so it was time to try something new. I would prefer to believe that, then to suspect there might be double standards around here. May I ask why you waited until now?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM   #372
KJUN
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
Well technically it was ME that opened the whole big can of worms. Not Michael or Ricky. I know y'all don't care much for them KJ but the original whiny bitch post that started the whole mess was mine. Now I haven't felt the need to keep posting on this thread because others more eloquent have stepped in. I don't know what Susan meant I am not walking in her shoes. The whole reason I even brought it up was as an example of why I find political stuff unpleasant.
As I kinda already said, I respect that. I always felt it was an HONEST thought of yours, and I never called it whiny or anything like that. My argument wasn't over how Susan meant it - my argument was over if the word itself was "bad." If she would have said "we might have the lynch Palen," this argument would have never started in reference to the race aspect. Therefore, that would have proven my point that the word itself isn't bad. That's all I've argued. I can respect that you found it offensive. I just don't think we have a right to not be offended (like the spade comment). That's all.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:56 AM   #373
danielle
I wanted to lynch Palin in a sarcastic kinda way

Old 09-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #374
snakemom1961
I think I just heard Susan's sister.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=t...f-e49346568985

Old 09-02-2009, 10:05 AM   #375
wade
I don't know Aubre O'day but that thirty second clip pretty much convinced me she is definately an air head.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #376
snakemom1961
Airhead or not... Her views pretty much sound the same as Susan's. Either way I have no respect for either woman.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:11 AM   #377
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle View Post
I wanted to lynch Palin in a sarcastic kinda way
It's a waste of energy; she's self-lynching.

Dale

Old 09-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #378
danielle
Exactly Dale,lol!!

Old 09-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #379
Carinata
Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! People this thread has gotton so frggin obnoxious! Lets all agree to disagree

Old 09-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #380
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakemaster24 View Post
Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! People this thread has gotton so frggin obnoxious! Lets all agree to disagree
I disagree.

Dale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google