• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do

Take a plastic container (I used a feeding container with a secure lid and air holes) and put in a washcloth and fill with room temperature water- just enough to cover most of the snake's body, but not over her head so she has to swim. Put the snake in and set a timer for 20 minutes.

Attachments

• Lila Sheds 004_800.jpg
    Lila Sheds 004_800.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 2,630
I checked Lila after ten minutes, and saw that all of her shed appeared to be in the container, rubbed off by her slithering through the wet washcloth. I took her out and ran her through the washcloth several times to be sure. I noted that the shed included a complete tail tip.

Attachments

• Lila Sheds 005_800.jpg
    Lila Sheds 005_800.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 2,634
Next, take your beautiful snake out for a photoshoot in her new skin!

Thanks for looking- hopefully this will help someone down the line!

Nanci

Attachments

• Lila Sheds 007_800.jpg
    Lila Sheds 007_800.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 2,625
  • Lila Sheds 009_800.jpg
    Lila Sheds 009_800.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 2,611
Nanci your so wonderful girl! Lila is so happy she has a Momma like you! :)

And thanks for the instructions. I always wondered how to do it.

kisskiss! :p

What a beauty! I've only had a few bad sheds like that, and I did pretty much the same thing. I left them in a container full of damp paper towels for a couple of hours.

Hey Nanci....thank you so much. Just came across this. I should be getting my first corns in tmrw (Weds), pretty excited about it. A Common and a Miami Phase.
Been doing alot of homework on all aspects, and this idea of yours is terrific. I'll definitely bookmark. Thank you.
Oh.....and Lila is Gorgeous :D

I wish all good advice came with such nice pictures! That was very helpful. Lila is just lovely. :)

I can't tell you how many times I've dug this out this week! At least when I made the thread, I made a title I could remember...

i tried it.. is this right??

:dancer:

7xiohft.jpg

i filled up the container a liitle bit with water.. and put that cloth..

does he look good to you?

Back