CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Vanishing Pattern.. (pics)

Old 10-25-2010, 06:16 PM   #1
multicorn
Vanishing Pattern.. (pics)

Hello all..!!!
I'm just going through our lovely snakey's and thinking of next years breeding plans.... I'm feeling a project coming on...!!!!
We have 2 of the best Vanishing patterns we've ever seen and i was thinking about putting them together...
Firstly Terry he's an opal bloodred van pat

and Patsy she's normal van pat pos het amel, anery, (maybe more)

What do you all think...?? worth a go...!!!!
What do you think will be the out come ( I know het blood, lav, amel pos anery etc.) i'm thinking about the Vanishing part really.... Will i get normal stripes and van pat's or all stripes... This ones really got me thinking.... oooh ooooh excited boy....!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #2
Nanci
I don't think you can predict what will happen with the pattern (took me a minute to figure out what the heck vanpat was!!!). But you have, I think, a better chance than if you started with bold stripes. The babies would sure have great hets!!!

I have an opal blood normal pattern, and he is virtually solid white. I'm surprised to see yours has so much color! Actually, I didn't know a striped opal blood even existed. That's for sure what he is???

Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 PM   #3
multicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I don't think you can predict what will happen with the pattern (took me a minute to figure out what the heck vanpat was!!!). But you have, I think, a better chance than if you started with bold stripes. The babies would sure have great hets!!!

I have an opal blood normal pattern, and he is virtually solid white. I'm surprised to see yours has so much color! Actually, I didn't know a striped opal blood even existed. That's for sure what he is???
HAHAHAHA..!!! sorry Van pat yes (i caught it off Jeff galewood) that's where Patsy came from...
I am told he is def an opal blood stripe.... But he has never really had much of a stripe... now it's gone completely.... His entire body is getting more and more orange after every shed (i'm told the blood is coming through)

He is so fantastic in real life this is another close up photo....

Old 10-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
multicorn
ooooh forgot to add he has a brother.... not as orange but has a very small bit of bright red paradox...... not mine though sadly :-(

Old 10-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
Nanci
I've got two opal stripes that look just like that. The opal blood started out super light pinky purple- like thistle purple, only very pale, with very pale light orange saddles. As he matured, though, he changed to white, with saddles so faint they are nearly impossible to see.

I wonder if stripe brings out more color- kind of like it does with peppermint. A normally patterned peppermint is a white snake with varying degrees of pink saddles, but the peppermint stripe is a very coral pink snake.

Who is the breeder of your boy??

Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #6
multicorn
It's cornmorphs in the UK ..... He is a great bloke and has some good corns... He has been breeding for along time too.... I have a blood girl so if i don't use her for her intended breeding i could prove him out next year...!!!!
It is a good theory though as you say. now i'm intrigued!!!!!.. peppermints are like that...!!! mmmmm.... I am putting him to patsy as he is POS Het Anery and hypo as she is...(missed her hypo in first post) to hopefully prove some of those...!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google