CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Vanishing Stripe.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
Outcast
Vanishing Stripe.

After seeing how beautiful Drizzt's Charcoal Vanishing Stripe is I decided that I would love to start breeding for that trait... Do you guys think it would be possible to line breed for Vanishing Stripe? I mean, that is all that Okeetee is, so wouldn't it be possible? My final goal would be to get an almost patternless corn.

I just wanted to see what you guys think...

Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
Tara80
Vanishing stripe is a line bred trait and is one I love the look of as well.
There are actually quite a few people who are attempting to do what you stated above. I believe J. Mohr is, Alain, and then I will be next year as well (as I bought quite a few from Alain this year to start a nice vanishing stripe project). I sure do love the 'one solid' color look.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
Outcast
That is really cool to know. I will be looking forward to seeing pictures..lol. I have to say that I love that Charcoal that Drizzt had/has, I'm not 100% positive if he has sold it yet. I love grey snakes, especially vanishing stripe ones.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
marshaelaine
I bought the charcoal stripe from Brent, she arrives here tomorrow. I also love the vanishing stripes and stripes in general. I am very excited about watching my new girl grow.
Marsha

Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Outcast
I hope you post pictures as she grows. I will love to watch her grow.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Jessicat
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshaelaine View Post
I bought the charcoal stripe from Brent, she arrives here tomorrow. I also love the vanishing stripes and stripes in general. I am very excited about watching my new girl grow.
Marsha
Congrats!! I'm going to have to visit you and your Charcoal stripe and your Anery Lavender (from PJC) in Jewel!

I'll play nice and bring my Sunkissed Mot boy and Ghost Blood girl.

Just wanted to take a minute to to Marsha!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google