CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Doubt...

Old 10-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #1
Tonatiuh-MX
Doubt...

Hello my friends, i have a doubt because:

snow x blizard the genetic calculator says 1/1 Amelanistic het. Anerythristic ~ Charcoal

but...

the result was:

snow het ¿?

I think with some het but can i know which??

Thnaks!!

Old 10-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
Nanci
Well, your blizzard was homo anery, too, if it was a blizzard at all. Did you get _all_ snows??

Old 10-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Tonatiuh-MX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Well, your blizzard was homo anery, too, if it was a blizzard at all. Did you get _all_ snows??
Yes all are snow Nanci, thanks!

So the babys are sow het?

Old 10-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Nanci
I don't know if you actually know the blizzard parent was a blizzard het amel, or only a snow. If that snake was for sure a blizzard, then the babies are snows het charcoal. It's more likely that the "blizzard" was a snow. The only way to find out is with a test breeding, unless you actually know the breeder of that animal and can verify the parents.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #5
Tonatiuh-MX
Thanks Nancy

Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
ZoologyGirl
I agree with Nanci. And if you got all snow hatchlings, and no amel, the chances seem more likely that the blizzard parent is actually snow. If it was blizzard the odds are you should have got at least some just amels (of course there's always the slim chance you beat the odds and got all snows)

Snow x Blizzard het anery = 50% Amel (het anery, charcoal), 50% Snow (het charcoal)

Snow x Snow = 100% Snow

Old 10-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Nanci
Excellent point, Heather!

Old 10-29-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Tonatiuh-MX
Thanks Nancy and Zoologygirl, but i´m sure it blizzard, not like to snow, is all white.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #9
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonatiuh-MX View Post
Thanks Nancy and Zoologygirl, but i´m sure it blizzard, not like to snow, is all white.
Snows come in a wide range of variations and can be all white. And just an FYI, not all blizzards are all white either. Without some knowledge about the breeding that produced the snake, you're only making guesses that so far, seem to have proved to be inaccurate at best. Photos would be greatly helpful.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:11 AM   #10
Nanci
You know Katie, ArpeggioAngel- she just test-bred a female called Flamingo who was given to her as a blizzard, and she turned out to be snow only. Here are some pictures of her. (Sure miss Mike, BTW). You can't see any of the yellow highlights at all without a camera flash. She appears solid white.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google