CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Natural History/Field Observation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Natural History/Field Observation Field observations of corn snakes, field collecting, or just general topics about the natural environment they are found in.

Corns in the wild

Old 07-02-2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Many moons ago Connie and I found a DOR corn snake on Pine Island. It was absolutely gorgeous. Seemed to glitter in the sunlight. Bright silver background with flaming red blotches. I looked HARD the short periods of time I was able to visit the island but never saw another corn there.

Corns around here are rather nondescript and nothing to write home about. I believe the gray rat snakes are actually much prettier in this area. If you like gray snakes, of course.

When I lived in Maryland, I did find a few corns in the southern counties of the state, but darn they were ugly. I remember one that I found underneath a board. I just muttered "eewww" and put the board back down over it.

But in some areas the eastern kings were especially pretty. Deep blue black with yellow banding. That was in Calvert County, if I remember correctly.
I was on Pine Island a few years ago looking for wild corn snakes. I didn't find any but stopped at a nursery to check out their palm trees. The owners only spoke Spanish so called one of their sons over to tell me the prices. I told him I was out looking for snakes, and he said they find snakes in the nursery all the time. I gave him my phone number and told him if he caught any really brightly colored ones I'd pay $10 each. I never got a call though.

Old 04-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #12
bushsnake
Big Pine Island corn snake

I know...old thread
But here's a Big Pine Island corn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google