• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newbie snake owner and new forum member! :-)

this is a BEAUTIFUL SNAKE! i just became a pet snake owner for the first time ever... any advice is welcome!

im a new pet corn snake owner... advice?

hello! i joined yesterday, and im so excited to be a part of this UNIQUE group! i just bought me a "California Corn Snake Hybrid" according to the pet shop... anyway, she is in a plastic pet cage, as recommended by the shop, and i placed a light in her cage to give off some heat.. (a night lite attachment), i also have a small log for her to curl up around a bowl of water, and some bedding... i fed her 2 pinkie live mice the day i got her... any and all advice is welcome and appreciated!....:crazy02:

Hi amc28016, congrats on your new snake. I've heard of them, but I don't really know anything about King-Corn hybrids and if or how they differ from Corn snakes. Maybe someone else will chime in. Post some pictures, I'm interested to see what he looks like!

Assuming they have the same or similar needs as regular corns, heat from a light isn't really important for them so much as supplemental heat from below-- "Belly heat"-- to aid in digestion. Most people use a heat mat or heat tape with some kind of thermostat to regulate the temperatures.

As long as your bedding is safe (not pine, cedar or anything else smelly) and if you've got a heavy water bowl and a place for them to hide you should be all good. But, I did notice you said you are feeding live mice-- It's best for the snake, and more humane for the mice, if you feed frozen-thawed. Specifically, when the snake is older and eating adult mice, the snake can easily be injured by them.

Your quote is interesting and reminds me of one of the things in the bible that made me pull away from my faith-- Because Satan appeared to Eve as the serpent in the Garden of Eden, God told the snake, "You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life." (I looked it up, I don't have passages memorized!) Even as a young person I thought, "Err... no. That's not why snakes crawl on their bellies!"

@amc, that mix of hybrid is also called a Jungle corn and I believe the care is about the same, Jungles usually get a bit bigger than the average corn snake, I believe. So might end up needing a bit larger enclosure. Good advice from JennaJ. The Stickied care threads in any of the sub forums should answer most any other questions you have, if they don't feel free to ask!

As an aside, that snake going forth on it's belly quote is the first prophecy in the Bible and was in reference to Satan not snakes in general.

Latest pictures of my scalebaby.

Attachments

• IMG_0604_fix_scale.JPG
    IMG_0604_fix_scale.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0571_stuff_scale.JPG
    IMG_0571_stuff_scale.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 30
Back