CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Do people have other hobbies?

Old 03-22-2004, 11:44 AM   #21
Darin Chappell
I love to hunt and fish. I ride my mountain bike (not nearly enough, though!). We have horses, dogs, and a few worthless cats to tend. I spend a LOT of time with my kids!

Old 03-22-2004, 12:15 PM   #22
Skye
Hiking.

I used to do a LOT of canoeing/kayaking and rock-climbing but those days seem to have passed me by now.

I keep trying to learn guitar, but I don't seem to be a musical natural.

And pyrography (wood-burning) is my artistic outlet.

Skye

Old 03-22-2004, 12:20 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
What a GREAT PICTURE!!! That's really good stuff there! You ought to try to sell some things like that at the various snake shows. You'd really be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at much stuff like that can go for around a bunch of herp enthusiasts!

Terrific ... really!

Old 03-22-2004, 05:20 PM   #24
Kat
My other hobbies include dabbling in various arts such as sketching, acrylic painting (paint by numbers, but I'm getting to the point where I may try my own designs), ceramic painting, and silk painting. I also run a MUSH (text-based online RPG), though I've kind of been falling behind in that area. And videogames (GameCube). Quite obviously not all of this at once, but you get the idea...

But cornsnakes, especially the genetics aspect of breeding them, is my number one hobby.

-Kat

Old 03-23-2004, 01:44 AM   #25
Taceas
Um lets see here..I'm not very specialized as far as hobbies go, I just do whatever I'm game for at the moment.

For starters I'm a Diablo addict. The Battle.net online multiplayer games mostly. But I also play a little Age of Empires as well, need to fill the urge to conquer the world every now and then. I also dabble with my PS2 every once in a while, Gran Turismo 3 and both Grand Theft Autos.

I like to garden and am always out fiddling with my flowers or herbs. I love to baby my orchids given the chance.

I also like to play with all of my animals, mainly my dog Maia, my two goats Kahlua and Bailey, and my bird Skyy (yes there is an alcohol theme there.)

Maia:

Kahlua & Bailey:

Skyy:

I also like to hike in the woods, hunt for arrowheads in the fields behind the house (don't find many), hunt and fish. And in springtime, I'm an avid and aggressive mushroom hunter. Love the morel. And no, not telling you where my patch is. >=)

I love deer, but for some reason deer hunting mystifies me..I'm clueless in between getting a license, shooting the deer and getting it processed..I could do those things easy, but it's the whole checking it that confuddles me. I might get it figured out someday. =P

I also enjoy NASCAR quite a bit, watch the races every Sunday like clockwork. RIP #3!

My next hobby will probably be either saving up money for a new truck, or a salt water fish tank. Freshwater is ok..but the fish aren't very colorful. And I got rid of my baby, Raven, a couple of years ago, she was eating me up on gas travelling back and forth from school, work, and home..but I still miss her!

Old 03-23-2004, 04:42 AM   #26
MegF.
I love drag racing....Go John Force and new team!! Love to watch PBR too.

Old 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #27
Alex Dew
Urm. I also keep 100s of tropical fish and I play the guitar (in a band). I love out-door sports and I play a lot of internet games (age of empires, backgammon ect.)

Thanks
Alex

Old 03-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #28
Skye
Taceas - I love Diablo too. But I particularly like all the Baldurs Gate games. And I'm not immune to Never Winters Night either.

Skye

Old 03-24-2004, 03:25 PM   #29
Clint Boyer
Meg, I was meaning to ask you about that 1894. You use that as a shooter in CAS?

110 yrs old and still kickin'

I'm soooo jealous! Wanna trade? I'm sure I've got some snakes you really need!

Old 03-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #30
anny
In my free time... I've been focus on looking at colleges. Ugh. And every once in a while I'll get to do stuff I actually enjoy, like skiing, concerts, reading, sleeping, traveling (recently to India), listening to <b>any</b> music, playing my violin, learning guitar, rubix cubes, contra dancing, looking at the stars, hiking, kayaking, volunteering, building robots and stage sets, and hanging out with mes amis.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google