• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Are worms okay for my baby corn?

Dragonling was experimenting with Repti-links, I know she was scenting the links - I have not been following the thread so I don't know if she's managed to get them eating unscented links.

I have a few that would eat them without a fuss, but I didn't have the patience to properly convert all of my girls to them. I still have some ~15-20g links in the freezer, but I just don't feel like bothering really. Like hairless mice, they're prone to substrate sticking to them unless you take the time to really dry them off. Otherwise I had great success with feeding them to the ones that would eat them without scenting, and saw remarkable growth in at least the one female. At this point I'll stick to slitting mice if I want efficent growth, though. :shrugs:

Just to add to the discussion for anyone new coming across this thread - Rat Snakes (Corns are Rat Snakes) can take MUCH larger prey than you would imagine. I find it hard to believe any baby Corn could not eat a day old pink, were they available. They are pretty "stretchy".

As far as wild corns go, I am sure they will eat whatever they overpower. I couldn't believe when I saw a baby Copperhead eating a Cicada sometime back (in pictures).

Just to add to the discussion for anyone new coming across this thread - Rat Snakes (Corns are Rat Snakes) can take MUCH larger prey than you would imagine. I find it hard to believe any baby Corn could not eat a day old pink, were they available. They are pretty "stretchy".

As far as wild corns go, I am sure they will eat whatever they overpower. I couldn't believe when I saw a baby Copperhead eating a Cicada sometime back (in pictures).

Yep, I hatched a barely 3g Amel this year and after a couple half-pink feedings she had no trouble with day olds and quickly caught up to my other holdbacks.

Back