CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Snake Hook Questions

Old 02-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #1
Em.Mo.Clark
Snake Hook Questions

Hey there! So, I'm wanting to buy a snake hook, but I've heard that sometimes there might be one that's a good price, but awful quality... What snake hooks do you use and like? Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
I have a 4 foot long one i made from an old golf club and a bent piece of steel rod. I use this one for larger snakes when out hunting. I have a shorter telescopic one that I can carry in my pocket for smaller snakes. The link below is the small telescopic one I have.

https://zoomed.com/deluxe-collapsible-snake-hook/

Old 02-19-2018, 06:11 AM   #3
Nanci
I always buy mine at reptile shows where I can see the quality. For corns, a 20" length wiht a 2" hook is nice. My actual herping hook is collapsable down to 18" and has a 5" hook, which is too big for corns- super awkward to use on smaller snakes. I like collapsable, though, because it's easy to pack. For a flipping/herping hook you want one that is well-made and heavy duty, because you'd be prying up things with it (and replacing them :-)

Old 02-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #4
Rich Z
Heck, we've still got a couple of the Fuhrman Stump Ripper snake hooks that we bought a LONG time ago. Had them engraved and everything.

Are they still in business?

Old 02-23-2018, 06:34 PM   #5
snakewispera snr
He may be in your're neck of the woods.
https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=john%20zegel

Old 02-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #6
Em.Mo.Clark
Thank you all for the feedback! I bought a small telescopic one! Thanks so much!❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google