• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Skeeter shed

diamondlil

Mice! They taste so nice!
Came home from work to find a trashed tub, because this boy had shed! Here's Skeeter, my hybrid king, in his new skin

Attachments

• 69a.JPG
    69a.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 70a.JPG
    70a.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 93
Lookin' good! :cool:
I wouldn't consider eastern x floridana a hybrid, merely an intergrade.
Love that orange! :cheers:

Ooh! I like that, integrade sounds nicer. From what I've read the Brooksii aren't even considered a seperate type now, so that makes sense. He was a bit wriggly and I'm tired from work, so I'll try to get better pics in a couple of days

diamondlil said:
Ooh! I like that, integrade sounds nicer. From what I've read the Brooksii aren't even considered a seperate type now, so that makes sense.
Absolutely!
A lot of eastern kings from southern Georgia display the wide bands. Their range overlaps the range of the so called "goini" kings so natural intergrades occur. Breeders have been selectively keeping that look going over the years and still call them goini. Gorgeous snakes! :cheers:

I think he's great! Beautiful boy. I used to have a very red "goini" a long time ago. I sold him. What was I thinking, or was I even thinking?

Feeding tonight and Skeeter went crazy! This is following a vertical 'leap' up the tub to tag the dangling f/t mouse, which I had no chance of getting a picture of.

Attachments

• 84a.JPG
    84a.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 75
He's so pretty...Your "thing" arrived today! I got one too, haven't even had a chance to look, what with refreshing the twin hoggy post every five seconds...

Nanci

This is the first picture that's got his colours right, I put some tissue over the flash so it didn't 'whiteout' out his oranges. I can't adjust the intensity of the flash any other way, so I'm experimenting with how many layers work best.
Thankfully there's still no signs of Pancho's mite menace on this boy but I'm treating them all as possibly infected, using the frontline on the whole collection

He looks awesome. I saw them for sale on CPR but never though much of them. Skeeter may have changed my mind. LOVE those oranges!

Thanks Elle. I'd looked for pictures on the internet, because there wasn't a pic on the site, and wasn't sure how to expect. So I 'phoned the shop and spoke to Dean, who e-mailed me a picture. That made my mind up, so I 'phoned back and asked him to keep the 'orangy-est' one for me. I couldn't be happier, and his personality is so fiesty that I wont mind at all now if he gets less orange.

I think this monster is going into shed again, because he was having a bath. Couldn't get a shot of him eating because the mouse was halfway to his stomach before I was ready

Attachments

• 87a.JPG
    87a.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 90a.JPG
    90a.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 18
I am totally fascinated by Skeeter's feeding response, he has to hiss and strike at the zombie mouse before doing this!

Attachments

• 108a.JPG
    108a.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 9
No coiling tonight, just trying to strike my hand instead of the mouse then ate his supper butt-first

Attachments

• 137a.JPG
    137a.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 5
Back