• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Skeeter the integrade king

I've read stories of people being chased by their hungry kings, and always thought it was funny, until today. As Skeeter is the last of the adult snakes to be fed, in case there are extra mice for him, he get very excited as the rest of the rack gets fed. So today I had to fend off a wildly striking king with his tub lid, get Rosie and the cats out of the way quickly, and distract him with a mouse. I had to lift him back into his tub by hanging on to the mouse's tail like grim death!

Attachments

• 12a.JPG
    12a.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 13a.JPG
    13a.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 38
He's looking great! Your thread makes me anxious to see how my pair will progress, as they're really red/orange right now.

I haven't updated Skeeter's thread for too long! I don't handle him as often as I'd like, mainly because he always wants to strangle and subdue my arm

Attachments

• 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 6a.JPG
    6a.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 24
  • 9a.JPG
    9a.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 24
Skeeter! He looks very pastel in colouration. Is that accurate?

How big is he now?
He's going into shed right now, so that's probably why his colours look so muted, but they have faded compared to when he was little. I'm not sure how big he is now, I'll probably have to try using something like the snake-measuring program rather than a tape measure to find out! I'd guesstimate he's around 5' though

omg he is lush!
I had a king which launched out his viv like a flying snake once-like you had to lift him in with his mouses tail LOL

omg he is lush!
I had a king which launched out his viv like a flying snake once-like you had to lift him in with his mouses tail LOL
Thanks! Skeeter isn't mean or defensive, he just takes an enthusiastic approach towards his mealtimes! Which, according to his schedule, seem to be whenever there's something he might just subdue and eat nearby. If snakes dream, I'm pretty sure Skeeter's involve me as his feeding lump!

I still love my nasty boy!

Attachments

• 004 (500x375).jpg
    004 (500x375).jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 005 (500x375).jpg
    005 (500x375).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 6
Back