CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

herpers

Old 12-02-2002, 01:52 PM   #1
MentalMenace
herpers

hey everyone
Ive been on this fourum for about half a year and ive talked to a lot of people and i dont even know who they are this forum is to to tell a bit about myself and i would like a lot of you to do the same.

i am a 14 year old boy that lives in hoofddorp in holland who has had an interest in in reptiles for aroud a year. half a year ago i got my first reptile (an amel corn snake) since then my collection has grown to

1 amel corn(neo)
1 anary corn(rook)
2 yellow cheek slider(elvis and donnetello)
1 pastel terrapin(ayla)
1 softshell turtel(flapper)
1 bibaros gecko(stumpie)
1 cambelli king snake(caribo)
1 water snake(pyro)
1 green iguana(napoleon)
2 bearded dragons(draco and pia)
3 fire bellied toads (tiddilic,sim and padfoot)

my other hobbys are skate boarding and going out with my friends but nothing than i enjoy more is being with my animals
i hope you guys will well somthing about yourselves and mabey post a foto thats all from me please write back

Daan

(sorry about the pis it was the ownly one with me and one of my snakes on it)

Old 12-02-2002, 03:01 PM   #2
Rainey
Hey dude!

As promised, if you moved it, I would reply!

My real name is Ryan. I'm 22 and I'm from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. I'm a professional graphic designer/videographer. I am working on a Bachelor of Theology degree on the side. I'm getting married on May 10th!

It was originally my fiancee that got me interested in snakes and now I'm totally hooked! You can see what I have in my signature below.

Old 12-02-2002, 04:07 PM   #3
MentalMenace
:)

thanks for replying an dcongrats with your marriage

Old 12-02-2002, 04:32 PM   #4
Iris
My name is Iris. I'm 15 and I live in New York, USA.
I became interested in snakes in October/November 2001 and got my first snake on December 4, 2001.
I'll find a pic of me with my snakes and post it later

Old 12-02-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
Probe7899
meee

Hi my name is Brian I am 20 live in New York, and I recently got my first snake witch is an amel corn. I always loved pets I have two turtles three frogs one snake an aquarium, a bird and three rabbits. Soon to get a gecko.
Oyea congrads on getting engaged. Lots of luck !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2002, 10:36 PM   #6
drizzt_19
Well if you insist

I am 23 years old, have been into to reptiles for about 5 yrs now. I used to breed ball pythons but I decided to go to corns about a year ago.Here are all the pets I have now:

4.5 snow corns(0.1 green snow)
1.3 anery corns(het for snow)
4.0 normal (het for hypo,bloodred,amel,and motley)
0.2 normal
1.1 normal stripe(1.0 het for amel stripe)
0.3 normal stripe/motley
1.1 ghost
1.1 normal (het for anery,hypo,and bloodred)
1.1 amel
0.1 miami

0.0.1 ball python
1.3 leopard gecko's
2.0 dogs (american spitz/chow mix and australian cattle dog)
1.2 cats (pain in the a**es)
1.1.1 birds (2 cockatiels and 1 sunconure)
0.1 ferret
0.0.1 rabbit
1.2 rat
1.1 mice
2.5 spiny mice
0.0.3 turtles
0.0.6 fish
0.1 fiancee
0.1 kid

I'm hoping to get some bloodreds,lavanders,and ambers this spring from Rich and Don. Do you all think I have too many animals. Just curious.

There ya go. That's me and my pets

Sorry I forgot my name.

Gregg

Old 12-02-2002, 11:27 PM   #7
Probe7899
Ball Python

Quick question how is a ball python compared to a corn snake??? Are they very agressive? Are they more active? Do they like to be held? Any general info will help thanks
Brian

Old 12-02-2002, 11:43 PM   #8
kenster
Brian,
I have heard both ball's and corns are "beginer snakes". Balls require more heat than corns and full grown balls can eat rats. Other than that there is not much difference in my opinion. My ball has no problems being held. I take to school with my son and let the other kids see him and handle him with no problem. My corns are still fairly small so they are very squirmish when being held. So maybe someone with adult balls and aduly corns would be better for info. But in my opion they are both great snakes and don't mind being held...

Ken

Old 12-02-2002, 11:54 PM   #9
drizzt_19
Ken

I have had both adult ball pythons and adult corns. The way that you just desribe it, is the way mine are. I've only been bit by a ball python once in my 4 years of keeping and breeding them and he was a WC adult male that just came in. So you are pretty much right.

Old 12-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #10
kenster
Drizzt,
I just got tagged by my one of my corns a few weeks ago, and it drew blood. It didn't hurt more of a surprise. But my ball has never bitten, even if I pick him up while he is in shed he never seems to get irritated.

Ken

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google