• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Miniature Sheep!

I did just see some dumbo rats for the first time in person yesterday, and have to say, their ears were really cute!

I'm realizing that people can collect rodent morphs just like they do corn morphs. You may not realize what a paradigm shift this is for me . . . I honestly only used to view mice as "snake food" ~LOL~ and those disgusting things my cat would bring in and stuff under the sofa and let rot . . . :)

Thanks, now maybe I can hunt down some people in my area!

I started out with just some albinos from Petco, and just yesterday drove 20 minutes out of my way to go to a mom and pop pet store to get some cute, colored ones! Now I have a couple black and white mottled ones, orange and white mottled, and this funky orange/brown agouti type.

That's what I did the first time I started breeder colonies, but they were so inbred that I had cannibal and small litter issues. I ended up just feeding them all off. This time I started with hybrids and I've been adding new blood to them, so I haven't had any issues.

I dont know how I missed this thread! They are cute, and ugly at the same time!

LOL, but mostly ugly... The lady that bought the parents from me has what she calls patchwork rats that are hairless with funky designs made up of thin strips of fur...

I have been to a few rat shows, they are always a lot of fun!

On the UK mouse forum I was checking out, they had pics of a recent show, and it looked almost like a reptile show but with judging... I think it would be cool to see reptiles judged by category... IE; Best Opal Corn, Super Tiger, Pied BP, etc...

I have noticed the ones from the mom and pop shop are much larger, healthier looking, and have bigger litters than my petco albinos. Live and learn . . . plus they are a lot prettier. I decided that if I am going to fill my garage with mice and rats, I want pretty ones!!!

Judging categories would be pretty cool, but then everyone would bring their own snakes to the shows! Not sure how that would work out ~LOL~

I have noticed the ones from the mom and pop shop are much larger, healthier looking, and have bigger litters than my petco albinos. Live and learn . . . plus they are a lot prettier. I decided that if I am going to fill my garage with mice and rats, I want pretty ones!!!

I know what you mean, I wanted cool looking ones myself.

Back