• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ripley - ultramel anery 2014

albertagirl

Sharan
Ripley is developing lots of yellows now, so I figured I'd post a little update on her. She's great to take pictures of because she sits so still, but she's hard to take pictures of because her colors just don't come out very well it seems.

Ripley is my lazy snake. Nothing phases her. She's so laid back and relaxed, some days I wonder if there's something wrong with her. She will eat in any setting at any time with anything else going on. She drinks while I watch all the time, which I find fascinating. She lays out in the open regularly so I can watch her, but then she rarely does anything worth watching. If she's not pooping, she's not moving.

Speaking of pooping, she's so lazy that she holds her poop. Then when I take her out, she ALWAYS needs to go! And she's not shy about it either. She will poop in any setting at any time with anything else going on. LOL. So every time I take her out I put her in a little bin with some substrate, wait for her to take care of her business, and then I can hold her. I feel like I'm potty training my snake.

Here are a couple pictures of her from when she was younger:

The picture the breeder sent me, which was the first time I ever saw her. Instant love!! She was 7 grams.
1st meet resize.jpg

Blue a couple of weeks later.
Ripley 07-20-2014 resized.jpg

First time measuring length.
ripley ruler.jpg

And now... (more coming)
Rip resized 1.jpg

Thanks Olivia. :)

I love ultramel combined with anything!! I think sunkissed, cinder, lava, and ultra are currently my top four favorite morphs. Any one of those four make any other combination better, in my opinion. Do we know if anyone's made an ultra or ultramel cinder yet?

More crappy cell phone pictures taken outside. Hope to have some better ones soon, but I've been saying that for a while now so... why wait!? :D
Here's miss Ripley at a year old.

June 21_1.jpg

June 21_2.jpg

June 21_3.jpg

June 21_4.jpg

June 21_5.jpg

What can I say about Ripley. She is so lazy, every single calorie goes to growth. She has grown 10 inches in the last 5 months!! She is now 3'8" and just hitting 300 grams, and she's not even 2 years old until next month! I feed her exactly the same as everyone else, but since she only moves to drink and poop, she uses zero energy for life, and has not only grown twice as much as the next biggest grower (how's that for grammar?) but has actually started to grow little "hips". Whaaaaat?? :eek1: So apparently it's time to feed her a little less often.

She's still my tamest snake and is the first one to get pulled out when guests want some snake love. She's 100% laid back 100% of the time, but never gets handled for long, because she's still guaranteed to poop on me every single time I pull her out. :headbang:

She's developing some really beautiful soft yellow on the first 3rd of her body, but it doesn't show up well in pictures. Too bad. Here are some pictures from January, taken with friend's fancy camera:
jan 2016 small 1.jpg

jan 2016 small 2.jpg

jan 2016 small 3.jpg

jan 2016 small 4.jpg

And a few more pictures. The first two are from December. I just walked up to her cage and found her resting her head on her painted rock like that. I thought it was pretty cute.
dec 2015 small 1.jpg

dec 2015 small 2.jpg

And these are from April, showing her current chunkiness. Not great pictures, but I was just fooling around with her and grabbed a couple of shots. Enjoy!
april 2016 small 2.jpg

april 2016 small 3.jpg

april 2016 small 4.jpg

Finally got some decent pictures showing Ripley's size and color last night. Other than the 4th picture where she looks strangely huge. Does anyone know why snakes always seem to look bigger in pictures? Is it just me who thinks that?

Thanks for looking!

2016-06-15 1.jpg

2016-06-15 2.jpg

2016-06-15 3.jpg

2016-06-15 4.jpg

2016-06-15 5.jpg

2017 update: chunky monkey!

Okay guys, I'll admit it. Ripley is FAT! I started noticing sometime last year, so I started feeding her a little less often. And then even less often. And then bumped her down from adult mice to subadult mice. And she is only just now finally starting to look a little better. I now feed her one subadult mouse every 2 or 2.5 weeks. From everything I've read and all my research it seems like this is not enough food for an adult corn snake... and yet if I feed her more she just keeps packing on the weight. She always has been very efficient with her food, growing faster than all the others on exactly the same diet, so for now I'll just keep monitoring her and may bump her back up to adult mice once she's a little less rotund. I'll add a second post after this one with pictures strictly focused on her chubby hips.

She's pretty much the same other than that. Lazy, relaxed, sweet, tame... but SO hard to get good pictures of. The camera hates her, absolutely does not want to focus on her, and she hates the camera and absolutely does not want to stop moving so I can try to get focus. Also, the sun seemed to be too bright for both her and the camera, so I tried to get a couple inside, but that didn't go much better. So I apologize for the lack of decent pictures.

Ripley 1 20170521.jpg

Ripley 2 20170521.jpg

Ripley 7 20170521.jpg

Ripley 8 20170521.jpg

Ripley 3 20170521.jpg

Picture #1. Not great focus, but notice the hips on her!
Picture #2. Even her shadow has hips! Hahaha. I cut and pasted it into the top right corner of the picture so you can see. Anyway, another shot of obvious hips, from a different angle.

Ripley 4 20170521.jpg

Ripley 6 20170521.jpg

Back