CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression thread for my Lava Opal!

Old 04-04-2017, 11:31 PM   #111
Elsa
Looking great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 04-05-2017, 10:15 AM   #112
Zeina
Thank you.
I was honestly expecting him to get that super yellow nose I see a lot of similar morphs with... not even close lol so I'm pretty fascinated with how his coloring is coming along =)

Old 04-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #113
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
Thank you.
I was honestly expecting him to get that super yellow nose I see a lot of similar morphs with... not even close lol so I'm pretty fascinated with how his coloring is coming along =)
I have only heard of two cases where a lavender based morph allegedly developed carotenoid yellowing. One I'm rather convinced was not actually lavender, and the other did not have a particularly clear photo. Still, I do trust the latter source, so perhaps it is just exceedingly rare.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:21 PM   #114
Zeina
Yeah I was doing some reading on that.
I honestly don't mind, I think he looks great without that yellow nose.
I was just curious if he would develop that there since his neck got so yellow early on.. But as he's grown the yellow on his sides has toned down.
It's really interesting to watch them develop =)

Old 04-06-2017, 06:45 AM   #115
Dragonling
I remember that and went back to look. In early 2016 especially it was pretty solidly yellow. Coincidentally (or perhaps not so?) Steve R. also has a lavender with very yellow-colored neck, though I don't think there's any yellow on the face. Curious if yours might be a relative.

Old 05-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #116
albertagirl
I'm a little behind, but since I've been hanging out on the forum a little more lately, I thought I'd check out my opal's brother from another mother. LOL
Tom looks great! His face is just exactly like what I'm used to looking at. They could be twins. Such a beautiful morph.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #117
Zeina
Girl!! He JUST shed tonight - so tomorrow after work I'm taking him out to get new / recent photos.
I am blown away by his coloring, it's just beautiful. Thank you for checking in, stay tuned and I shall pop up some ( hopefully ) good pictures of Tom!

Old 05-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #118
albertagirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeina View Post
Girl!! He JUST shed tonight - so tomorrow after work I'm taking him out to get new / recent photos.
I am blown away by his coloring, it's just beautiful. Thank you for checking in, stay tuned and I shall pop up some ( hopefully ) good pictures of Tom!
New pictures are always fun. Can't wait!

Old 05-24-2017, 06:59 PM   #119
Zeina
Took the boys outside today.
My handsome handsome man Tom.
Look at those beautiful eyes.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #120
Zeina
Some more.
I got the fabled tongue shot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google