CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

You know when you have been bad...

Old 03-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #1
Rich Z
You know when you have been bad...

It's written all over your face....

Old 04-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
Rich Z
Game cameras are rather inexpensive and are great for figuring out what is getting into your bird feeders overnight. Just set it up pointing at your feeder overnight, and you will have your answer the next day.

I had to modify a squirrel baffle on the pole to one of the bird feeders in order to keep the raccoons out of it. I didn't realize till I saw the captured images that they could just reach around the baffle, grab the pole above it, and pull themselves up and over it to get to the feeder.

So I had to modify the baffle a bit by putting something on top that extended a surface that the raccoons couldn't grab onto.

And that did the trick. They haven't been able to get into that feeder since the modification. So I have been able to retire the live trap.

Old 04-01-2017, 02:18 PM   #3
blacktip
lol...at least you gave them a comfortable perch to sit on while they raid the bird feeder

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google