• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2015 Breeding Season

Tessera het Topaz x Topaz/Butter

Target: Tessera Topaz, but I will take a Tessera Butter too. The males I used are ph Amel, so it is possible.

Lets not forget the Tessera Lavas and Tessera Caramels from these breedings. Yellow Jacket adds to the variety of yellow expression.

I actually like YJ with some combines. I just nicknamed it "Yellow Disease", because since it is dominant, or since you can definitely SEE it as het, there is only a 1 in 4 chance to remove it from lines you want to be RED!

Attachments

• DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 79
Tessera Ghost het PS x RC PS het Hypo ph Anery

Also Tessera Ghost het PS x Bloodred het PS Ghost

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0034.JPG
    DSC_0034.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0035.JPG
    DSC_0035.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 78
Topaz Bloodred het Straw x Bloodred het Butter Straw Lavender

If more genes show up all the better, but I will take Strawberry Bloodreds het Topaz.

As the years go by, the morph ph's I hold back from projects do better than the original hets created, 100% of the time. When they are 66% ph for many genes, it works out positively.

Attachments

• BhTzO.JPG
    BhTzO.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 76
Bloodred het Striped Charcoal x Same

Target: Striped Pewters and Striped Bloodreds

Attachments

• BhTzO.JPG
    BhTzO.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0038.JPG
    DSC_0038.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 77
Tessera het Pewter x Pewter het Lavender

Target: Tessera Pewter, but Tessera Bloodred and Tessera Charcoals will be nice too.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 77
Here is the Pewter female with eggs x Tess het Pewter

The above female is an Anery Motley het Amel Lava bred to a Lava Motley het Striped Snow.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.JPG
    DSC_0050.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 76
RedCoat Bloodred het Lava PS x RC Bloodred het Lava

Target: Red Magmas

Only three good eggs from this breeding, so my chances are not to good to produce a Magma, but it is possible and I believe it will be RED.

Attachments

• DSC_0028.JPG
    DSC_0028.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0029.JPG
    DSC_0029.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0030.JPG
    DSC_0030.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 74
Hypo Fire Motley Pied-Sided x Bloodred het Hypo PS

Target: Hypo PS het Fire Motley and PS het Hypo Fire Motley

This is my attempt to get Motley into my PS lines. This is this males first year, and his fertility is not perfect, but the number of eggs I have gotten from him continues to grow.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.JPG
    DSC_0026.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    184.6 KB · Views: 74
Striped Ice x Ice het Striped

Another not so good clutch from my Striped Ice, but I got some fertile eggs.

I have produced a few Ice with this almost lavender color. I don't know what is causing it, but I like it. How can I see the gene causing it, if I am breeding Ice x Ice, I don't think I can.

Just like when we bred Plasma x Plasma or Pewter x Pewter, who knew Yellow Jacket ended up in almost every one of them to make them lighter? I only figured it out when I created projects with the lines and saw the lines normal color on a Bloodred.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 73
RedCoat Motley het Striped Snow Lavender x Lavender Motley ph Anery Caramel

Remember when Lavender Motleys were the newest combine?

I like this girls Hurricane pattern.

Attachments

• DSC_0044.JPG
    DSC_0044.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 73
Hypo Plasma ph Charcoal X Bloodred het Lavender

Target: Out Crossed Plasmas

I have added a couple different Plasma lines to my original, such as this female from Walt S.

I Out Cross to produce most combines these days, except for my original projects, especially to make "old combines" such as Plasmas.

Plasmas have been around awhile, and from mostly one source.

Attachments

• HLBxBhL.JPG
    HLBxBhL.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 195
Bloodred het Caramel PS x Tessera het Caramel Bloodred

Last but not least for today.

Both parents are ph for Hypo Amel, so my target really is, Tessera Butter Bloodred, or Tessera Amber Bloodred, but I will need the phs to prove out or I will just get Tessera Caramel Bloodreds, oh no!

Attachments

• DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    191.9 KB · Views: 196
Topaz Bloodred het Straw x Strawberry het Fire

What a good girl!

I found her laying last night in the first photo, and she was finished up laying 17 eggs this morning.

With six genes in this line, a lot is possible, but RC and YJ are also in the line, so are there 8 genes in the mix? What about Border-less, would that make 9 genes?

This female Strawberry looks to have influences of YJ and RC. Are they het or homo influences? With some morphs such as Amel, Butter, Lava and Topaz there are many shade of yellow and red color possible.

If YJ and RC are co-dominant, each can have 3 shades itself, combined with the 3 from the other gene, there are many slight color shade possibilities.

It is quite dramatic with Amel. I once bred my Red Amel Motley line to a Butter Motley and produced Tangerine Motleys het Caramel. I had no idea why at the time, but I do now.

I bred Bearded Dragons for a while. They have the same type of co-dominant red and yellow genes, but thought it was just selective breeding. It is not surprising to me to find it in Corns too.

Wouldn't you think a very nice Sunglow, is homo YJ, RC, Amel and Borderless? These genes have been around a long time. An Amel Okeetee is red with borders. Other localities of Corns, if Amel would normally be reddish.

Yellow Jacket and RedCoat are more than just color variations of different localities or selective breeding, to me they are obvious on/off genes.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 178
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 180
Goldens

Have you seen them? I have, not the original, but the few that were produced from the group.

You know what I didn't see in the Goldens in person, that I see in the photo of the original wild caught, the metallic sheen.

I am excited about the Golden line, because of the POSSIBLITIES.

Is the Golden Line a wild caught line with a compatible line of Caramel in it? It looks to me as if a yellow causing gene such as YJ is also in the line. The wild caught male from the same local,used to breed to the original Golden, was not yellow, but the offspring all were.

Where is the metallic sheen of the wild caught Golden on the offspring? It hasn't been produced yet, so perhaps it is caused by a recessive Metallic Gene? What else could be causing the gold color of the wild caught compared to the YJ looking Caramel and "Caramels" recovered offspring to date? I don't think it is just the photos, it looks very different to me than any Caramel we have seen.

I am going to be very interested in looking at the combines I recover from the het Goldens I bred this year from my perspective and experience, compared to the collector of the Golden line.

If there is a Metallic gene, I may see it on the Normals where he was only looking for "Caramels" or Goldens. If Goldens are homo Metallic Caramels, we are looking at a 1 in 12 chance from my 13 eggs. No more than that have been produced from the line so far, so a hidden gene is still very possible in the line.

A Metallic gene would be awesome to combine with the existing combines.

Attachments

• 1364567%20-%20Copy.jpg
    1364567%20-%20Copy.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 178
  • golden male.jpg
    golden male.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 178
  • goldenbabes.jpg
    goldenbabes.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 175
  • 40220outdoor_pic_of_golden_corn!-med.jpg
    40220outdoor_pic_of_golden_corn!-med.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 178
Lava Motley het Striped Snow X Normal het Striped Lava Lavender

I was planning on breeding this female to my Striped Ice, but due to his low fertility this year, I chose this male.

Targets: Lava Motley het Striped, Striped Lava

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 149
RedCoat Bloodred het Striped Charcoal X RedCoat Bloodred ph Striped Charcoal

Target: RedCoat Bloodreds and test out the female for Striped Charcoal.

With a 66% chance for Striped and/or Charcoal to show up in the clutch, I expect one or the other, and hope for both.

Striped Pewters would be nice!

Attachments

• DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    223.3 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    155.5 KB · Views: 152
Back