CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

2015 Breeding Season

Old 06-24-2015, 08:18 PM   #41
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Ice Blood ph Amel x Lava PS ph Snow

Target: Tessera Lavas, maybe Tessera Ice or Tessera Lavamel, all het PS.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:20 PM   #42
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Pewter x Pewter het Lavender

Target: Tessera Pewters

They may not be the first, but will be my first Tessera Pewters.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:23 PM   #43
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Sunkissed PS x RC Bloodred het PS

Target: RC Bloodreds and RC Bloodred PS

I wouldn' go as far as to label this guy as a RC, but RF, yes, and het RC. He produces the nicest RC Bloodreds and RC Bloodred Tesseras, and even RC PS Tesseras, that I have produced.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:27 PM   #44
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Sunkissed Lava ph Amel x RC Amel Sunkissed het Lava

Target: Tessera Sunkissed Lava het Amel, Tessera Sunkissed het Amel, Tessera Lava het Amel Sunkissed.

Nothing but awesome offspring have came from this female, and we all know, Tessera will improve them, or you should know.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #45
ecreipeoj
Tessera het Striped Lavamel x Lava Motley het Snow

Target: Tessera Lava Motleys het Striped, and Tessera Lavamel Motleys het Striped

Old 06-24-2015, 08:33 PM   #46
ecreipeoj
Lava Motley het Striped Snow X Anery Motley het Lavamel

Target: Lava Motleys, Ice Motleys, Lavamel Motleys, all ph Striped.

That is it for my group two photos, bred on 6-2/3.

More to follow soon.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:46 AM   #47
El Jefe
Joe,

Looks like a great season ahead for you. Good luck!

On a side note, I did send an amber (or maybe caramel) to the Golden Corn guy on a breeding loan but I don't know what ever happened with that. He wasn't real good at communication and I got out of cornsnakes about a year later.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #48
mataco12
Hey there Joe! Very interested in your tessera morphs, where do you seel these snakes? Through pm?

Old 06-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #49
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
Joe,

Looks like a great season ahead for you. Good luck!

On a side note, I did send an amber (or maybe caramel) to the Golden Corn guy on a breeding loan but I don't know what ever happened with that. He wasn't real good at communication and I got out of cornsnakes about a year later.
How could he, he was in the Military.

We know what he told us on this forum and another, from the beginning. Lets see if what he told us seems to be true.

I have very high hopes for this year, to be the 2.0 Het Goldens year. Here is the second male breeding the young female I have. She is not the problem, the males had low fertility when bred to some of my Stars, a Striped Butter that laid a bunch of fertile eggs two years in a row.

I get 5 "eggs" and 15 slugs, none go full term, but when opened, there was a difference when you compare them to the other 3 eggs hatched from a Caramel het Lava that was 100% fertile for two years in a row. The old FAT males were not getting the job done.

They have been on a diet, bromated three times now, and kept under 75 for years. This year, they were very excited to join the breeding season.

This is the second Het Golden Corn breeding the only het female I have. I only took photos of the first two breedings, so you won't see any more.

Wait until you see my Landrace het Sunkissed ph Lava Stargazer Free line of Kathy Love Sunkissed Landrace. They are with in my definition of Landrace.

I have a line of original Kathy Love Sunkissed Genetics, tested for SG and ph Lava. I have 3.10 of them. They are SWEET! and gazer free. All I have to do, is breed them, and get Sunkissed, or Sunkissed Lava and another goal will be reached.

Old 06-25-2015, 09:36 PM   #50
ecreipeoj
6-4-2015

Do you want to know what I bred on this day?

Do you know what out crossing is? I can do it, so here you go.

RC Bloodred het Lava PS x Het PS Lavender Lava.

Target: Out Cross, to produce PS Lava, ph Lavender.

The two lines are not related in my colony. Last year, I bred Het PS Lava Lavender x Same.

I told you why you only get 1 in 4 PS from a B/PS x Same breeding, but why is it hard to recover the extreme expression of PS?

Maybe the truth is what we use to hear all the time about every new phenotype produced, they were selectively bred to be extreme, like Candy Canes.

If you bred a Candy Cane x Mutant Corn, you will mix the genes and get 50% of the selective breeding of Candy Canes. You will be mixing white paint with Black and getting dark gray.

If you breed simblings together, you are again, mixing dark gray paint. If you breed an offspring back to a Candy Cane, you get light gray paint. if you keep going, they can look like Candy Canes again.

We could jus breed an Candy Cane to a Miami Locality, and avoid all of the problem.

When we breed PS X Bloodred, we mix dark gray paint. so we get mostly low expressing PS. Do some exceptions exist? We can get lucky when we roll the dice, but generally, if we breed PS X PS, we get nice expression. When we outcross, which I like, the select breeding for expression seems to be lost.

So let me repeat: If we consider, Motley and Stripes as alleles, with Motley being dominant over Striped, the same as Bloodred and PS being alleles, with BR dominant over PS, we get 25% PS with low selective bred for expression.

This might be true? I would love to hear another articulated opinion that makes more sense. If we apply this, and it is reproducible, then at least it works.

I want to work towards Out Crossed breedings of PS X PS, and see if we can skip a couple of problems. I have a few breedings this year similar, that may produce.

I will take photos of eggs laid, and hatchlings of some cool stuff this year.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google