• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Samus

More pics coming. Been busy lately.

Samus is growing like a weed. No weanling mice available around here, so I am going to start feeding her a hopper + fuzzy.

Attachments

• Canon EOS 40D 1038.jpg
    Canon EOS 40D 1038.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Canon EOS 40D 1039.jpg
    Canon EOS 40D 1039.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 92
Excellent timing! I just got done telling someone to look up Stregone's "Samus" because that is the best looking normal I've seen, thanks for helping.

Definitely a Beauty, Um, just for the sake of learning, Abbotts Okeetee right?
a020.gif

Thanks guys :) Yeah she is an abbott's.

Here's another pic. 100mm macro lens with a 38mm extension tube. No cropping at all. The front of the lens was only about 2 inches from her head and she kept chomping away at that mouse.

You have no idea how hard it is to focus like that. You have to focus manually by moving the camera back and forth. This one attached would have been soooo awesome if it was in focus. The smallest movement back or forth throws it completely out of focus.

Attachments

• Canon EOS 40D 1662.jpg
    Canon EOS 40D 1662.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 85
Wow...I looked at the whole thread from the first pics ya posted to the most recent..He is growing beautifully!!!! I love the colors and your photo skills get better and better! :0)

Its been a while. Samus is still growing. She is 133g as of yesterday, and she definitely stretches the whole length of her 29g long tank with a couple more inches for good measure. She missed 2 feedings in the past month though. One she was in blue, and another because I had a family emergency and was out of town for 2 weeks.

Anyways, on to the pics!

Dunno if I have posted a pic of her newest tank yet. 29g long, with a ton of stuff in it.

Thermostat for the heat pad is on the right, on top of the cd case directly next to the tank. The 'lamp' has a ceramic heat emitter to keep the cool side warm, since my mom likes to keep the house icy cool. It is controlled by the dimmerat the left corner of the tank. Stuck in the clamp of the lamp is a digital thermometer for the cool side.

Attachments

• Canon EOS 40D 1966.jpg
    Canon EOS 40D 1966.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 87
Back