CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

African soft furs: Legal?

Old 06-14-2008, 02:23 AM   #11
akewa
Do not bother with any thing else I can tell you they are very legal here. I have them and breed them and I bought mine at a pet store in the county I used to live in before moving to the one I am in now. I know of one other person in the state that also breeds them but they are over in Nashville. I am in Greeneville.

Local pet store in Morristown used to sell them but stopped as they had too many for sale and none were selling. They do not make good pets BUT they make great feeders. I have been feeding my snakes them now for 9 months and all are very healthy snakes. I have 2 rat snakes and one BRboa. Bought at same store where I got the asfrats. They do not smell at all or just a tiny bit. I used to breed mice many years ago so I know the differance. I am feeding babies or pinkies to my baby rat with out a problem. My adult rat takes weaned to full size depending on how hungry she is, which of late she has not been. My boa well he eats when I feed him every time.

I have these in a open cage in the room I am in now. Waiting on next litter since I need to keep a male back for breeding. They are not easy to find in Tn but they are legal as some pet stores do or did sell them. There is a forum do a search for african soft furred rat forum. I do not have the address on this area of my comp. I am on aol right now not IE where that is on my comp. Email me if you need any more info.

Tamara

Old 06-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #12
akewa
ASFrats update

Ok, I swithed to my IE conection so am able to get you that forum site. It is

http://asfrats.info/index.php?

I shall be catching up on post here next few days so you can PM me here if you wish instead of email.

Tamara

Old 06-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
wade
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
Rodents are rodents..

The logic is that they can survive in a lot of different scenarios, which is why they are illegal in California, as their original environment is similar to that of California.

Same with Ferrets, Hedgehogs, Gerbils, etc...

All illegal in California.
You have got to admit that everything is illegal in Calif. All laws are born in Calif. Something becomes illegal in Calif and then slowly becomes illegal in other states. It is like a disease.

Old 04-17-2016, 03:19 PM   #14
tinker.boyd
I have the same question. I'm hearing mixed things about needing a USDA license and keeping ASFs. Their webpage says you do not need a license for rats and mice and animals raised for food but I don't know if ASFs raised for snake food fall under that. Anyone know for sure, as in you actually talked to the USDA?

Thanks, Tinker

Old 04-18-2016, 04:54 PM   #15
Myca
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyOhh View Post
They are illegal in California.
There are a lot of things that are illegal in California.

Old 06-17-2016, 03:03 AM   #16
BeauBoi
I am not absolutely sure about Texas, but I am sure about Louisiana and South Carolina= totally legal in both!
~Beau

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google