CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

My Craigslist scores of the weekend! (snake and t-stat!)

Old 03-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #11
Zombiegirl
I literally just posted a thread inquiring about these guys just today! How neat and what a coincidence lol!

Old 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #12
Joba
You'll love her. Boas are amazing. You'll want more!! Girls can and usually do get considerably larger in length and girth, than do boys. 8-9 foot, 20 lbs. or so. They are so inquisitive, yet calm and confident. Congrats!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #13
Myca
Nice snake. Very pretty. Sorry she jacked the price on you. Have no idea why someone would do that but I am glad it worked out.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #14
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myca View Post
Sorry she jacked the price on you. Have no idea why someone would do that but I am glad it worked out.
That is totally messed up.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #15
spyderk
A few more pictures

It's really hard to capture her peach tones. I can't wait until summer when I can take her outside for a photo shoot! At the rate it's been going, it won't be until July.

I honestly thought that once she told me the price was going up, my husband would say oh well, but he didn't. I figured that I got $230 worth of stuff from the t-stat deal, so it still works out in my favor. I was told that she comes from Twin Cities Reptiles, and while there isn't 100% proof of that, Sara from TCR thinks she could be one of their salmon Columbian boas, and they usually are born in mid March, so she could just be turning 3 years old.

I am already looking forward to having a nice cage for her in our new house's family room.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 PM   #16
Joba
Very pretty!

Old 03-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #17
spyderk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
That is totally messed up.
I still got a deal, I think. In total (not counting the gas to travel nearly 2 hours there and back) I paid $150. She came with 100+ mice, tongs, her bin, a human heat pad (which I replaced with an Ultratherm and the Herpstat), her water bowl, a bin for baths ... anyway, I really figured my husband would tell me to just keep looking but he was quite insistent on this one.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #18
Joba
No, you got a fine deal. I drove five hours each way for a snake...twice! It's all part of the experience (as Clark Griswold once said)

Oh, and I lived through 32 looooooong Wisconsin winters. Not missing those one bit. It just might be July before you can get some outdoor pics this year.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:52 PM   #19
spyderk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joba View Post
No, you got a fine deal. I drove five hours each way for a snake...twice! It's all part of the experience (as Clark Griswold once said)

Oh, and I lived through 32 looooooong Wisconsin winters. Not missing those one bit. It just might be July before you can get some outdoor pics this year.
You are missing the WORST winter! I work at a vet clinic part time, and people who have lived here for 50+ years and telling me it hasn't been this bad since the 70s or 80s. It's all anyone can talk about.

I have someone else telling me she could be a pastel, so I may look into it a bit more and see if they do breed those at TCR.

Old 03-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #20
Joba
It could be. My hypo pastel has more pink in his tail with very little black coloration. But, variations, you know? Either way, she's awesome and you're going to love her (and want more boas. It's a sickness! MWAHAHA!)

Yeah, all of my family is still up there, and my buddy, whose wife made him move back to WI from the Gulf Coast, haha. I just laugh at them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google